CHAPTER 4

(Flashback - 3 days earlier)

Lisa's P.O.V

"I think there's real potential in you Lisa and I'd like to invite you to a rehearsal with Rosé and I next week." Jennie said as she continued to leer at me as though my decision had already been made.

"A rehearsal?" I questioned, glancing at Jisoo beside me who seemed just as confused as we stood awkwardly in small dorm room.

Jennie smiled warmly. "Well more of a tryout. An opportunity for you to debut with us in Blackpink."

"But you don't even know me?" I stated back, surprised why she would be going out of her way to want me to audition.

"That's exactly what I said." Rosé muttered beside her as her eyes scanned my room in both disinterest and disgust.

Jennie walked closer to me, taking her hand in mine as she spoke making feel powerless to move. "I know talent Lisa and I know what I like."

"I'm not sure about this..."

Rosé scoffed. "Opportunities like this don't come along everyday especially for a new trainee so you should really think wisely about it."

Glancing at Jisoo she gave me a cheerful smile as I pondered over the decision. "Okay, I'll go to the rehearsal."

Jennie clapped her hands together in excitement and beamed a wide gummy smile. "Amazing! I think you'll really enjoy-"

"Under one condition." I interrupted as her excitement quickly faded to one of curiosity.

"...which is?"

"Jisoo gets to audition too." By the corner, I pointed towards my friend who was sheepishly remaining out of the way. Her eyes went wide in astonishment as she stood up frantically and rushed over.

"Lisa?!" She held the sleeve of my arm all the while being scrutinised by Jennie and Rosé. One looking annoyed, the other amused.

Watching the scene, Rosé looked at Jisoo who sunk under her judgemental gaze. She chuckled and rolled her eyes. "You can't be serious."

I glared back at her before turning my attention back to Jennie who was oddly silent. "If she can't audition, I won't either."

Her feline eyes stared deeply at the closeness between Jisoo and I as she muttered under her breath. "Hmmm... interesting."

"You think you're really in a position to make demands?" Rosé questioned, crossing her arms as she leaned casually against the doorframe.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It's not a demand, it's an offer. It doesn't matter to me whether I audition or not. It's your choice."

Rosé ran her fingers through her flowing blonde hair as Jisoo beside me simply admired her mere presence. She seemed to zone out like she couldn't hear how rude and patronising this girl really was.

"Well there's no way we'll allow-" Rosé began but was quickly interrupted by Jennie.

"You can both audition."

She shook her head at the feline eyed girl who was continuing to stare at me. Nervously, I shuffled closer to Jisoo feeling slightly self-conscience.

"What?? Jen! You can't just-"

Jennie held her palm up as she coldly looked at Rosé. "I can. We'll see you both on Monday, rehearsals are at 3pm. I'll make sure our choreographer sends over everything you'll need. Rosé, let's go."