CHAPTER 3

Thursday 1:15pm (1 week later)

Jisoo's P.O.V

It was lunchtime on campus at YSJ Academy as Lisa and I strolled along on our way to the diner. We'd just finished another dance class which Lisa was always excelling in. Her solo performances often leaving the class and instructors speechless. Her rare talent was obvious but she would always make time to help me and others, giving advice that was both useful and creative.

As expected there was the usual buzz of atmosphere. Groups of students dotted around the courtyard listening to music and gossiping as ever.

As we turned the corner happily comparing our schedules, we were relieved to find we had similar classes. I was pleased to have met Lisa. She was cool and easy to talk to with no sense of judgement. Her happy-go-lucky nature and comical persona me feel accepted and at ease.

Entering the main part of the courtyard and popular hub of the campus, a stage had been set up with the chairman of YSJ giving a speech. Crowds flocked around to listen in as I glanced up seeing a breathtaking sight.

"We are pleased to officially announce that the second member to be selected to join our newest girl group debut sensation will be... Roseanne Park!"

The crowd cheered in applause as Rosé made her way to the stage. She smiled gratefully brushing away happy tears, bowing as she accepted a handful of flowers. Whilst sitting alongside Jennie, their manager and lead choreographer, she posed for photographs whilst waving and answering questions from the audience.

 Whilst sitting alongside Jennie, their manager and lead choreographer, she posed for photographs whilst waving and answering questions from the audience

She looked so effortlessly perfect, sophisticated, selfless and graceful but still humble with a warming smile. I couldn't help but stand and stare in awe like each time she performed hearing the voice of an angel.

"You really like her, don't you?" Lisa asked, nudging my shoulder from the side as she followed my line of sight.

"What?! No! I just... admire her a little." I hesitantly replied, still unable to control my rapidly beating heart.

Lisa chucked beside me. "A little as in a lot. Have you ever actually talked to her?"

In thought, my mind wandered back to the only interaction Rosé and I had ever really shared some months ago. "Yes, well... once. She needed to borrow a book from the library."

"So no then?" Lisa raised her eyebrows, looking up at the stage where to our surprise Jennie gave a small wave towards her. Awkwardly, she waved back as the crowd began to mumble and exchanged intrigued looks.

I sighed loudly. "It's not that easy, Lisa."

"Why don't you go and congratulate her?" Lisa suggested as my eyes went wide in horror at the thought.

"I can't just do that!!"

"Why not? Everyone else is." Casually, she gestered towards the nearby students who were queuing for a chance to take a photograph with Rosé and give their congratulations.