CHAPTER 8

Sunday 9am

Lisa's P.O.V

The next day in Japan had started as it often did when I was in a new place, my attempt to search for some sense of familiarity. I'd found that the hotel we were staying in had an on-site gym so I decided to spend the morning training.

I watched our latest group dance rehearsal video which was already proving popular, the view count continuing to soar. It was adding to the realness of our new life as idols that still seemed like a dream.

After a short cardio work out, I decided to practice my dance moves

After a short cardio work out, I decided to practice my dance moves. Another trainee idol group of YSJ, Aespa, were also debuting and I watched their recent dance practice video which inspired me rehearse a little choreography of my own.

With each song, the rhythm coursed through me. The melody of the music drifted through my blood as I followed each step improvising a little to put my own style of the dance. Within no time all, the routine became second nature and I felt an overwhelming sense of achievement.

As I left the empty gym, I made my way back upstairs to the hotel suite to be greeted by silence. The sun had risen casting a beautiful, orange sunrise across the metropolis below. It was breathtaking to watch as I took a bottle of water from the kitchen fridge and stared out in admiration at the view from the window. How lucky I was to be given such an incredible opportunity that would allow me to travel to places like this that before I'd only dreamed of.

"You started your morning work out early today." Startled, I spun around to find Jennie who was smiling sweetly while sitting on the counter of the island in the center of the kitchen.

"How long have you been there?" I asked, having realised she too was already dressed in casual attire. Had she already been out somewhere this morning?

"Long enough to enjoy the view." She jumped down, walking closer to me until I was trapped between her and the counter.

"You're sweating a lot. Maybe you and I could find a different way to work out?" She stated suggestively, leaning in close enough for her lips to graze my neck.

"Jen... about yesterday." I started to speak, my memory recalling our briefly intimate moment before our flight to Japan but lost my train of though as her lips traced my jawline causing me to clutch the counter top tightly.

"What about it?" She mumbled against my skin, butterflies erupting in my stomach at her mere touch.

"We're about to start our debut, I don't think it's a great idea to complicate things between us." I spoke quickly, all at once, as she pulled back. A fiery and uncomfortable mood suddenly flooded the atmosphere.

"You're saying you don't want this?" She asked coldly.

"It's just that-"

Before I could respond, there was a sudden yell from across the penthouse suite, followed by the slamming of a door.