CHAPTER 13

Monday 6pm (2 weeks later)

Lisa's P.O.V.

The next 2 weeks were like a dream as my newly acquired idol life seemed to go from great to amazing. It was was like drifting on cloud nine or swimming in an endless sea submerged by beauty. All the while I was becoming closer to my bandmates, particularly Jennie who I was thrilled to be sharing this incredible journey with.

And yet despite our success, it seemed that others within YSJ were struggling. The intense competition and constant training sessions were hectic and management of the academy seemed to be particularly stern as several more groups failed to debut and staff were continuously leaving.

"I can't believe they're changing half of the dance team. They know the routines so well and they were really talented! Did they say why?"

We'd just received news that the dance team we'd been working with had been dismissed with little notice. One of the production managers who was a friend of mine had also been fired too. So many had just started in the industry and within weeks their fate was already decided without any room for error. It all seemed so strange as though no one would really discuss why.

Jennie shook her head as we exited the car in front of her luxury house overlooking the mountains in the diatance. "Success is difficult, Lisa."

There was hardly any empathy in her tone as I furrowed my eyebrows still annoyed by the news. "Yeah I know but 2 more of the debut idol groups have disbanded already too. They didn't even say why. It's like YSJ is getting rid of so many staff for some reason."

"Maybe they didn't meet the high standards expected." Jennie replied bluntly but seeing my sorrowful reaction, she immediately cupped my cheek with a small smile.

"It's so sad though isn't it." She whispered as I lent into her warmth. She wrapped her ams around me as I sighed inhaling her familiar perfume.

"It's just that some of them were my friends and I worry about the band..." I weakly mumbled in her embrace.

"I know, Lili. You still have me and nothing will happen to our group. I promise."

Her confident and reassuring words put me at ease as I smiled at her whole she went to unlock the front door. Still rambling to myself, we wandered into the villa.

"It seems unfair that after all that effort they just..." Entering the house, I was suddenly left speechless.

"Wow! This is an incredible house Jennie! Seriously, it's amazing!" It was the start of the Christmas vacation. We'd just arrived at Jennie's exclusive mansion in a quiet neighbourhood at the northern most part of the river. It was breathtaking with stunning modern artwork, a classic but contemporary design and all the features you'd expect of a life of luxury.

"Thank you, I like it." She smiled as she flicked through the unopened mail on the kitchen counter.

" She smiled as she flicked through the unopened mail on the kitchen counter