CHAPTER 5

Friday 12pm (2 weeks later)

Jisoo's P.O.V

It was midday in the dance studio as Lisa and I finished yet another vocal practice before starting our dance training. Having joined the group after Rosie and Jennie, we had a lot of catching up to do before our debut. Although I'd been training in the music for years, YSJ was still pretty new and therefore the management had scheduled extra dance and vocal sessions all afternoon.

After another hour, we finally had a short break where we stood beside the crowded benches as the next act came in to rehearse. It happened to be Chungha, a female soloist who was a senior trainee at YSJ. When the music began, the dance beat was immediately addictive but strangely hypnotic as though it told a story.

I couldn't help but laugh as Lisa was staring at the routine in awe. It was unique and iconic and I could tell from her face she was already trying to mirror the techniques.

"You do know we already have like a dozen routines to rehearse without you trying to memorise this one too?" I pointed out but she seemed lost in her own world.

"Urg... I just love it! The syncronized hand actions, the face expressions, the different levels, it's like a moving piece of art. You don't notice it?"

"And this passion of yours is why you're the lead dancer. Well that and Jennie's obviously taken a shine to you."

She shook her head with little interest, still focused on watching the rehearsal. "She's just being friendly. Wow! Did you see that? It's like the beginning of the routine and the end forms a blooming flower. It's so beautiful."

"Should I just leave you alone for a while to fangirl?" I mocked as her eyes went wide in embarrassment.

"I'm not fangirling!"

Teasing her, I patted her shoulder. "Sure... except for the part where you are."

"Jisoo! I'm not-"

"Having fun?" A pair of slender arms had encircled Lisa's waist from behind. Her voice instantly distinctive and familiar.

"Jennie! You startled me!" Lisa spun around still in Jennie's hold who was smirking at her and laid her head on Lisa's shoulder.

Her nose nuzzled the side of Lisa's neck. "Hi you."

Attempting to get free from her hold, Lisa shuffled nervously clearly noticing the looks she was getting from the other dancers across the room. "Umm....I... have you been here long..?"

"Maybe, maybe not." Jennie said playfully in a sing-song voice. It was strange to see this side of her when before on campus she often appeared chic and aloof.

With her cheeks flushed pink, Jennie giggled at Lisa and brushed her bangs affectionately. "You're really cute when you overthink."

"No, I'm not!" Lisa pouted as Jennie smiled in triumph at how flustered she was before turning her attention to me.

"I see the stylists have worked their magic. I'm impressed." I smiled, a genuine smile that had long since been lost as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. It seemed my make over was as getting a lot of compliments and while I still felt like me, it was strange to get used to seeing myself looking so different.

 It seemed my make over was as getting a lot of compliments and while I still felt like me, it was strange to get used to seeing myself looking so different