In Reality

July 3rd 2021 – 02:46 p.m. In Reality

Whenever people start to question why life is so cruel and does not correspond to expectations, others would respond "Welcome to the real world." The thing is, why I couldn't help but think why should that be true? When we expect something, most of the time it would be for good things. Getting a good job, having a good friend, having a good marriage, and so on.

So why couldn't that be true? I mean, if humanity was evolving from time to time, we shouldn't have that problem anymore. We should've learned from our past mistakes. Getting a good job that pays well and maintains the worker's wellbeing is not just profitable for one individual but it would affect other things too. They could contribute more to society, could give more to the unfortunate, and that should increase the prosperity of one area and eventually the whole country. Another example of it is finding a good partner for our lives. Why should one question the fidelity of their partner? Why should we even question whether our partner reciprocates our feelings or not?

So why should reality be grimmer than expectation? Is it bitterness that we have for life also? The way that life had to trample you to the ground and when you see people succeed you can't help but feel jealous? Or when you see people struggle you feel accomplished that somehow they would feel the same way as you do?

Is this how humanity has become? And in the end, they would say that this is reality. Why should we accept that as our reality? We could do better than that. We should do better than that. Otherwise, this world would turn into a bleak place to live.