5. party

trigger slight depictions of molestation─────────────────────────

─────────────────────────

I'm hauling ass down Second Avenue toward Henry's building. It's now becoming obvious that I'm spreading myself too thin, but when work calls I answer for the paycheck. I have got to get out from Henry's apartment.

I just finished a shoot for Henry's teammate's family. But now, I'm late for helping Bodhi setup for Henry's birthday party. Henry and Ava are off to the children's museum and dinner together for the afternoon, he has been helping a bit more this week, its been nice having him around for her, though he and are nothing but awkward tension. While they're gone we need to decorate, set up everything, and I volunteered to cook.

Why am I doing this too myself?
...I'm exhausted.

As I look down at my feet, I smile at my camera tapping against my chest, the red rose embroidered strap around my neck anchoring it against me as my white converse pat quickly on the pavement. I try to bite back the overwhelming discomfort nipping at me these past few days, something eery has been following me like a cloud. I blocked Noah Wednesday morning and never responded, hoping it was all big talk from a lazy asshole. But now, the weekend is here and I feel a pit forming in my gut.

I look up from my camera, swinging it over my shoulder, just as I run face first into a broad muscular wall of a chest clothed in the a soft underarmor tshirt. The man doesn't budge, I look up and my gaze finds those cerulean orbs I would kill to take a swim inside of.

"Oh, hi Sebastian," I smile up at him as I watch the way his eyes gleam while they study me. I bite my lip as the nervous butterflies engulf my stomach, he always looks so effortlessly gorgeous.

"Hiya beautiful, I heard you were on decorations and appetizers for the party. And I figured you may want company or some help." He held up a bag from a bakery nearby and a small carton of coffee.

"They had that salted caramel brew you said you loved so much, so I bought a bunch...and the best danish you'll ever eat." I beam up at him and wrap my arms around his waist, "I'm happy to see you Sebastian, I totally needed this, you always have the best timing. "

What a thoughtful gesture and he listens when I ramble.

He chuckled, "could have assumed you'd be stressed today, and according to your daughter its either cigarettes or sugar. So, I chose the one that kills you slower since you have an awesome daughter to raise."

When I don't move from my spot right infront of him, his hands wrap around my back. His fingers played along the bare skin below my cropped tshirt as it rode up around my middle. I realized just how comfortable I've let myself get in two weeks with this amazing man, and I'm okay with it.

"Well, yeah I'm stressed. There's about to be like fourty people in the apartment and I only know about a dozen of them. It's safe to say I'm stressin'."