11. departing

─────────────────────────

+ Harlow +

I'm leaning against Sebastian's arm finishing the last sip from a straw in my cocktail. I lost count an hour ago, but here I am feeling too many emotions to begin to process. Saundra texted that Ava fell asleep watching Brave, a photo attached of her asleep on a sofa with a big bowl of popcorn nearly falling from her arm, her black jammies covered in pieces as her mouth hung open.

I look up to see the nerves in his body language as he sits close to me, he's so worried about us that I can’t help but feel flutters of relief.

"Sebastian?" I feel the slur and shake my head, he smiles warmly as the waitress brings over our check and hands it to him.

"Yes, Lo?" His hand was tracing shapes on my thigh. He tossed back another gulp of his drink as I took in a large nervous breath, he looked nervous and I smirked at the sentiment.

I want to tell him how terrified I am, scared that he'll leave us eventually or that he'll find someone with less traumatic baggage. But I stay strong because that's not fair to this amazing man already carrying so much for us. I want to tell him that I understand why he didn't tell me about my brother.

I smirked and looked into the azure gaze I love so much, "do you feel it?"

The brunette tilted his head, eyes looking between mine, "feel what?" He waits for me to answer with a stare holding so much adoration I felt like I could float. “That feeling in the pit of your stomach, like the flutter of something bigger than butterflies is taking over. Ugh my cliche butterfly reference, I’m drunk.”

The alcohol is keeping me warm in the evening breeze that flows through the windows of the small restaurant, he nods and bites his lip. “I do, I always considered it to be more of a gnawing desire to be near you, but butterflies is always the easiest cliche, isn’t it Angel?”

His hand slithers around my waist, “or maybe a needy little desire to touch you.” His other hand has my chin between his fingers, planting a quick kiss on my lips that I hum into.

I smiled and kissed his cheek before sliding from the booth, “I’m gonna use the restroom then do you wanna get outta here?” he nods as I turn towards the back of the restaurant. 

+ Sebastian +

Watching the way her tiny shimmery dress hugged her curves as she walked away had my heart pumping quicker. I signed the receipt and finished the last of my drink while she was in the restroom. When she returns I notice the way the alcohol is more apparent in her body language, but I can’t help but beam at the way Harlow drapes herself over me on our way out of the restaurant. I’m filled with pride as she nestles her head into my chest as we wait for a taxi.