6. spiral part I

─────────────────────────
▪︎Monday▪︎

+Sebastian+

Harlow had a shoot with Rivera's family this afternoon, Henry atleast passed her name around to the team when she moved in. She got caught up longer than she planned though, so she called me to pickup Ava; she said I'm 'the only person she can trust'. Now, I'm on my way to pick up Ava from preschool. Harlow's been letting me in more everyday and I gotta say it feels like home to be near these two.

Sunday, we got breakfast and spent all day watching movies and eating food that Harlow experimented with. She was adorable telling me about all the new recipes she wants to try to make. We ate so much food yesturday and damn, my girl can cook.

I haven't been able to shake the image of that slender monster grabbing at my sweet Harlow. The look in her eyes when I stood from beating him to a pulp, the thrill in her eyes when she saw me take him down after hurting her. I won't let anyone hurt them, not anymore.

I pull up to the tall white painted brick building and park my range rover. When I trot around the front of my car, I already feel eyes on me...probably wondering what the hell I am doing here at a preschool with all these moms. As I start to feel uncomfortable, those tiny glittery gold shoes patter onto the pavement infront of me. Her caramel eyes widen as she sees me and holds in a squeal with excited little wiggly fists. Ava's blond hair flying around her in a mess as she runs toward me full speed with a bright smile.

"Sebby, I didn't know you were picking me up!" She giggled as I crouched down to wrap her in a hug, her little arms wrapping around my neck.

"Well, your Mom got caught up with her camera and some people so...how about we have our first adventure?"

She smiled as she pulled back, excitedly grabbing fistfuls of her turquoise dress, with little gold stars all over it.

She wiggled with excitement, "an adventure...just me and you?! Yay!"

When she squealed, I felt more eyes from the woman standing all around with their kids, so I quickly stand. I nod to the preschool teacher that had the photo of my ID from Lo, and turn to open the backseat, where he booster is already installed.

"What are we doing?" She beamed as I click her in. She wouldn't stop wiggling. "You really are a little wiggle worm aren't you?"

She giggled and shrugged, "fun stuff makes me a squirmy worm...I can't help it."

I laugh as I push her long straight hair from her face. "Okay, ya squirmy little fairy, let's go."

I sit in the front seat and pull back onto the street, glancing back at her smiling as she looked out the window, "how do we feel about a new doll?"

She let a scream rip through her, "a new doll?! Are you serious...I love that idea!!"

I proudly nodded as I make my way toward the American Girl Doll store with her singing Avril Lavigne in the backseat. I never thought I could adore someone else's child so much, but here I am falling inlove with a mother and her incredible daughter.

+Harlow+

When I get back to the apartment, I have a stack of boxes in hand and packing tape I picked up from the UPS store on the way home. I am packing up and we are leaving. I just can't do it with Henry anymore, it's not where we're meant to be.