10. Disney

"Do you want something to drink?" I ask.

"Have any wine?" She suggests.

"Red or White?"

"Red. But I'm sure a classy lady like you has both, don't you?"

"You guessed correctly, dear."

I go back into the kitchen and find two wine glasses. I go to the liquor drawer in the lower part of the fridge and grab a good bottle.

I pop it open and pour it into the glasses.

I pick both of them up and go back to the table. Emma looks up and Henry is sitting to the right of her. I lean over and place the glass next to her.

I see her eyes trail down to my breasts. I begin scooping portions of the lasagna onto Henry's plate.

Emma soon follows suit. I choose to sit at the head of the table with Emma to my right.

"Mom, any news on the Jubilee?" Henry asks, picking up a fork and digging into his food. Emma is, as expected, shoveling it into her mouth.

"The nuns are running it this year, as a fundraiser for the church. Why?" I answer.

"Miss Blanchard wants the class to come up with ideas for a booth." Out of the corner of my eye, Emma winced at the sound of her newfound mother's name.

"Any ideas kid?" Emma spoke.

"I was thinking of selling candles, it gets pretty dark."

"That's a really good idea. I bet it'll be fun to make the candles yourselves as a project since it's weeks away." I say.

"We have to present our ideas tomorrow, I'll present that then." He replied.

"Sounds great, kid. Anything else going on?" Emma said.

"Not really, just that we have to make a family tree." He replied looking at his plate. Emma and I simultaneously look at one another.

"Well, I bet we can figure that out, right Regina?"

"Yes, we have enough time to figure it out." I agree.

"Ok, so Emma, what's your favorite color?"

"Um, either red or yellow." She answered.

"Really? Red is mom's favorite too."

"I do dislike yellow though."

Her eyes widen in realization.

"Oh man, my car is still at Granny's."

"No worries, I can drive you back." I offer.

"Oh, thanks." She smiles and turns to Henry.

"What about you kid?"

"I don't have a favorite, I like all of them."