11. Wolf Den

We came back downstairs and decided to finish our wine. We moved the bottle and our semi-filled glasses to the couch. We just drank the red liquid, silently.

"Swan,"

"Yeah?"

"Tell me about your childhood."

"Only if you tell me yours."

"Deal. You first."

"I was a foster kid. Moving from house to house. I was never in one place at once. I was eventually a teen, so I wasn't going to get adopted. I was so sick of the system that I ran away. I lived off of stolen pop tarts and freebies until I was legally able to work. Then I ran into this woman, who turned out to be a bail bondsperson. She helped me break into a place to get my file, in exchange for bringing me back to Boston. I thought there was more than just me being abandoned in the file. There wasn't. Eventually, we were chased down by cops, she got shot and I ran. I later found out that she gave a kid up for adoption, and I tracked her down and told her about her mom. That's how I became a bail bondsperson." Emma explained.

"How interesting," I replied.

"Yup." She took a swig of her wine.

I started my story,

"My mother was a control freak and my father, may he rest in peace, was a pushover. I had to learn the hard way how dangerous easily trusting people is. My parents were rich if you must know. I was having a relationship with my stable boy. His name was Daniel, the only person I ever loved. My mother caught us one day and killed him right in front of my eyes. I then became vengeful against my mother and lost myself in the process. My father left this estate to me, and I became Mayor and had the power to create this sanctuary. I haven't seen her since I left the house." It was my turn to sip my drink. We were both a bit tipsy at that point.

"Are you ever gonna tell me what you are?"

"No, unless you guess."

"Ok. Vampire."

"No."

"Witch."

"No."

"Werewolf."

"No."

"Human."

"No."

"Hunter."

"No."

"That's everything!" She was frustrated.

 I just smiled.

"Not everything."

"Wait..." She slurred. "You're one of those mixed things. Hy-Hybrid. Yeah! Hybrids!"

"You are a lightweight, Miss Swan." I chuckle.

She pointed a finger at me. "And you're a hybrid."

"Yes. What kind?" I challenge,

"Ummmm definitely Vampire and Witch. No one makes a lasagna that good without magic."