𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 - 𝘪'𝘮 𝘯𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥

𝐋𝐄𝐒

𝘾𝙡𝙚𝙤'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

Most people would probably freak out when they got a random call in the middle of the night from a drug dealer, but I wasn't too fazed when Fezco's contact name flashed on my screen

However, the nerves started to set in once I heard his tone. Fezco never gave much away in his speech, usually maintaining his slow monotone voice, but something about his stern tone worried me.

He wouldn't tell me over the phone what had happened to Rue but I was already imaging the worst. After her recent drug overdose I was already on edge about her using substances again so after receiving a call about her from a drug dealer my anxiety had instantly shot up.

I biked over to Fez's as fast possible and made my presence known by incessant knocking. After a couple seconds of my fists hitting the door it was ripped open by a displeased Ashtray, "You trying to wake the neighbours up or sum?"

"Shut the fuck up, Ashtray," I hissed as I pushed past him, making my way over to the couch where Fezco was sat close to Rue.

I crouched down in front of her as she laid on her side, eyes barely open with a lazy smile rested on her lips. I looked up at Fez with wide eyes, "What the fuck happened?"

"Mouse gave her fuckin Fentanyl. She's gon be alright though, I already gave her the narcan," he explained but it didn't calm my nerves.

I held her hand in mine as I spoke, "Rue, you're gonna spend the night at my house." Of course she didn't respond but she was still breathing which was what mattered.

My eyes wandered to the corner of the room where Ash and Fezco were talking amongst themselves. They must have noticed my stare as they both turned to me and Fez said, "I'm gon pull the car closer so we can take her to your place."

I simply nodded as he left the house, turning my attention back to Rue. I couldn't help but feel guilty as I looked at her laying so still. Me and Rue had both got into drugs at near enough the same time, she was the one who introduced me to Fezco but I never discouraged it. If anything I endorsed it, being more than happy to go pick up with her and try the newest supply together.

None of it affected me the way it affected Rue though. Sure, I had probably lost a few brain cells over the past few years of drug misuse but I didn't rely on it the way she did.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't even notice the tears falling down my face until Ashtray's voice pulled me back into reality, "The fuck you crying for? It's not like this is the first time she's got like this."

"Are you serious right now? Do you really have to be such an insensitive dick all the time?" I exasperated in disbelief.

Ash didn't seem to expect my response either, a taken aback look appeared on his face before his familiar scowl returned, "Do you have to be such a fuckin bitch all the time?"

I looked at him blankly, not even being able to comprehend how he could continue to be so arrogant at a time like this. At that point I just gave in. I didn't have the energy to argue with Ashtray and there was obviously more important things going on, whether he acknowledged the severity of them or not.

"Ashtray, can you please just give it a rest?" I sighed as I wiped away the few stray tears.

He didn't say anything in response, simply rolling his eyes and leaving the room. Soon enough Fezco returned though and we both hoisted Rue to the car, obviously with no help from Ashtray.

"I know you said Ashtray isn't always hard-headed, but I'm really struggling to believe it," I grumbled whilst mindlessly playing with Rue's hair as she rested her head on my lap.

"This about the party?" Fez uttered, keeping his eyes focused on the road.

"Nope, well yes that too but I'm talking about literally ten minutes ago," I huffed.

"What he do?" he replied.

"He said - and I quote, 'the fuck you crying for? it's not like this is the first time she's got like this' " I imitated his deep voice, playing it up to sound just a little more air-headed.

I watched as Fez clenched his jaw and let out a deep sigh, shaking his head slightly, "I'm sorry, Kiki. My bro ain't got no filter but that shit's out of order, I'll talk to him about it."

"Thanks Fez, it's a shame he's not a little more like you," I hummed although Fez seemed unconvinced.

I watched as his gaze trailed back to Rue and his eyes saddened, clearly not feeling too proud of himself in that moment after seeing Rue in such a state. I could tell he was just like me, blaming himself for her misfortune.

Deep down I knew it was neither of our faults though. Neither of us could have known Rue would become so deep into her addiction to the point where she was constantly putting herself in danger over some pills.

When we returned to my place Fezco helped me carry Rue up to my room. Luckily my parents were away on an anniversary trip but we still tried to remain as quiet as possible. The last thing I wanted was for my neighbours to see me and a grown man carrying a lifeless-looking body into my house in the middle of the night.

"Here take this, she might need it. If shit goes sideways just give me a call, aight?" Fez informed as he passed me a narcan spray.

I simply nodded, "Will do. Thanks for looking out for her Fez."

"S'all good. See you later, kid," he muttered before leaving my house and driving off.

 See you later, kid," he muttered before leaving my house and driving off