𝐭𝐞𝐧 - 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮

𝐋𝐄𝐒

𝘼𝙨𝙝𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

After what happened earlier on that night I really wasn't in the mood to be stuck in a house with a bunch of drunk teenagers

After what happened earlier on that night I really wasn't in the mood to be stuck in a house with a bunch of drunk teenagers. Cleo didn't seem to be in the mood for it either, which was odd considering she was known to thrive in party settings like this.

As soon as we arrived at the NYE party she wandered off to get a drink. She didn't have the same excitement she had when we picked her up at the start of the night and I couldn't help but feel bad.

It was clear she was unsettled after the drug deal. Sometimes I forget that it's not normal to be put in those types of situations all the time since it's all I've ever really known. However, Cleo had obviously never been through something like that before.

I decided to keep an eye on her through the night as I did the rounds, selling to people here and there. The only time she smiled was when a friend would approach her but I could see the smiles were fake by how quickly the dropped once the interactions were over.

She didn't get up and dance either despite Maddy pleading for her to dance with her. Instead she just sat on the opposite side of the room from me, scrolling through her phone aimlessly and occasionally taking sips of her drink. Multiple guys tried to start conversation with her but they all failed to get her to engage.

After a little while she looked up and met my gaze, narrowing her eyes at me before standing up and walking in my direction.

"I wanna buy some molly," she stated dryly.

I debated for a moment whether I should sell to her or not. I guessed that she wanted to get high to try clear her head but I knew that her track record with the drug wasn't great.

"I ain't got molly for you," I shrugged simply causing her to frown.

"Ashtray, don't be a fucking dick. I just want to get high," she huffed.

"If you tryna get high we can go smoke some weed but I ain't about to have you puking yo guts out again from molly," I replied.

She let out an audible groan before agreeing, "Fine but we're smoking in the bathroom. I need to get away from literally everyone."

I nodded and followed her through the hallway into the bathroom. She hopped up onto the counter as I shuffled through my backpack and pulled out some weed, rolling papers and my grinder.

I set them out on the side and started to grind the weed. Cleo stayed quiet and I could tell if I wanted to talk to her then I'd have to be the one to initiate the conversation so I asked, "You not having a good time tonight?"

"Not at all," she laughed bitterly.

I looked up at her for a moment and could see she still had a saddened expression. I let out a small sigh before muttering, "We shouldn't have taken you and Rue with us to the deal."