three

three

Lav hit the hay in the east dorm wing as soon as her silent escort dropped her off at the academy. Sleep seemed like the answer for everything at that point as she drew the velvet curtains tight and snuggled amongst the messy arrangement of pillows that adorned her bed.

The sandman was all too kind in sending her deep into unconsciousness.

Except she fell into a dream where Obsidian touched her with a passion that rivaled the heavens. He confessed to his longing for her, running his hands over the dips and valleys of her naked flesh hesitantly and then with more fervor. As if he was afraid she'd disappear.

He growled low in his throat, wanting more, and his lips replaced his hands, searing her skin with kisses in a trail down to her navel and then even lower and holy smokes. She was melting - no, disintegrating into bliss.

One could only imagine her agony upon suddenly waking up alone, her body tangled with sheets and lust.

She groaned loudly, unable to contain her dismay. And then she rose, heading for the shower in an effort to erase the ache between her legs with ice cold water.

After getting cleaned up in the girls communal bathing rooms, she rushed back to her room. She didn't want to see anyone, her mind still reeling with the events of the past few hours. What was Obsidian doing right now?

Cursing under her breath, Lav decided she could use a smoke. Obviously it was a big no-no to smoke in the academy buildings but she took a lot of precautions to ensure she wasn't caught. It was admittedly a struggle getting the scent of human cigarettes out of her room, though.

She wished she had some sweet death instead. It was a newer drug that had emerged in the Forsaken City, rolled with the fine petals of rare underworld flowers. When lit with a flame, the smoke was a hazy pink. And the hit itself was delicious, a sweet high that may or may not skew your perceptions and invigorate your senses.

It was exhilarating. Lav had tried it a few times in the deeper sections of clubs that you didn't venture into alone. She suddenly wondered what Obsidian would think of that. Would he be disappointed by her reckless behavior or furious with her disregard for danger?

That harsh steel gaze came to mind. Lavender Everwick.

Would he say her full name with the same reprimanding tone used during her arrest? A shiver flew down her spine and emanated through her wings. No one called her Lavender, not even her besties.

Trying to distract herself, Lav grabbed the Swedish book from her dresser and opened it. The inside was hollowed out, she'd torn all the pages - with no regret since she couldn't read in Swedish anyways - and stored her smoking supplies inside. Three lighters and a rainbow grinder sat in the book but no cigarettes. Strange, since she had always kept them there. Hmmm.

Frowning, she started to root around under her bed when a harsh knock sounded on the door. Lav jumped up, throwing the covers back over the bed so it fell neatly. The last thing she needed was to get caught with contraband, and she had a whole collection of it.

She did a quick scan of the room. Fortunately, there wasn't a lot to look at in the small space. Clothes were strewn about all over her dresser and discarded magazines littered the floor. Even if something wasn't suppose to be out in the open, it could easily be overlooked with the interesting decorative clutter.

She had way too many gold mirrors on the walls in the same manner that one hung up portraits. Fake flowers sat in little vases on a nightstand. She couldn't bother with real plants, she already had a headache taking care of herself. String lights hung all around the bed, wrapped around the iron frame. And yeah, she kinda sort of had a secret fantasy of those lights revealing the blue glint of a certain angel's dark wings.