Childe

Several days passed. Currently, Ajax is away on a business trip. Before his departure, Ajax asks Alisa to remain in Liyue until his return. Alisa complied with his wish. While in Liyue Harbor to purchase some personal necessities, she unexpectedly spotted Aether in the distance. Aether also noticed Alisa and began walking toward her. Quickly concluding her purchases, Alisa moved away.

After a few steps, she felt a grip on her wrist. Turning around, she found Aether standing behind her. Alisa rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

"What do you want?" Alisa asked grumpily.

"I apologize. I mean no harm. I'm genuinely curious about your two visions and whether you're associated with the Fatui like Childe, given that he's part of the Eleven Harbingers," Aether explained.

Confusion clouded Alisa's expression as she looked at Aether. Who was he referring to? She knew Childe, but she had never seen his face. There's no way she'd be associating with the Fatui. That would be a death wish!

"I'm confused. Who are you calling Childe?" Alisa inquired.

Aether seemed puzzled as he replied, "He's the guy you've been spending time with. I saw you two having lunch at Wanmin Restaurant."

The man she'd been with all this time was Ajax. It couldn't be him. Ajax wasn't connected to the Fatui. He was merely a businessman from Snezhnaya. At this point, Aether realized Alisa was unaware.

"I'm truly sorry. I assumed you knew about this," Aether admitted.

Hearing Aether's words, Alisa's mind began to churn. Could it possibly be true? It felt impossible. If Ajax were truly Childe, she would have sensed it. At least during her stay in Liyue. Gazing at Aether, she struggled to believe his words.

"Listen. I don't entirely trust you, Aether. You're essentially an enemy to me. For all I know, you might be fabricating things about Ajax. I'm sorry, but you need to leave," Alisa said, drawing her blade.

Aether studied Alisa for a moment.

"Alright." Aether said as he turned and walked away, leaving her in a state of confusion.

As Alisa made her way back to Wangshu Inn, she was lost in her thoughts. Why would Aether claim Ajax was Tartaglia? She was certain he must be mistaken. Yet, her intuition nagged at her, suggesting Aether might be right. She stopped and crouched down, shielding her head with her hand. Tears trickled down her cheeks.

"No. No! He's lying!" Alisa screamed.

Alisa pulled her hair in frustration. Suddenly, she sensed a presence in front of her. When she looked up, it was Ajax. Without hesitation, Alisa rose and enveloped Ajax in a hug. She wept and wept, her tears soaking his shoulder. Ajax held her close, providing warmth and solace. He remained silent as Alisa cried, not demanding any explanations. Gradually, tears formed in Ajax's eyes too. It pained him to witness the woman he loved in such emotional distress.

In their silence, thoughts swarming in their head. "Are you really Childe?" Alisa thought. "How do I tell you about your family? Ajax asks himself. More questions keep coming to them as they hugged.