The Proposal

The next day arrived, and Alisa awakened, swiftly heading to the bathroom to freshen up. Stepping out, a gentle knock sounded on her door. Opening it, she found Ajax standing there, clutching a miniature mask identical to his own. Seeing Alisa, he playfully affixed the little mask onto her hair.

"This hairclip suits you. You should keep it," Ajax remarked, brushing strands of hair from Alisa's face.

Rushing back to the bathroom, Alisa glimpsed herself in the mirror, chuckling before returning to Ajax's side. She embraced him and planted a grateful kiss on his cheek.

"I love it! Thank you, Ajax," Alisa gleefully expressed while hugging him.

Curious about her family's whereabouts, Alisa inquired if Ajax had uncovered any leads regarding her brother and father. Despite knowing the truth, Ajax slowly shook his head, signaling there's zero progress. Alisa's countenance shifted, and though she uttered that it was alright, Ajax knew that it wasn't.

To cheer Alisa, Ajax took Alisa on a brief journey. They ventured through various sites around Liyue. For Alisa, the trip provided a good distraction from her family concerns. As the sun began its descent, they arrived at Liyue Harbor to relish a splendid evening meal. Their steps led them along the seaside, where Alisa paused to admire the picturesque view.

Seizing the moment, Ajax enfolded Alisa in his arms and posed a heartfelt question, "Alisa, will you marry me?"

Alisa gazed at Ajax's face, a blend of happiness and astonishment. Struggling to contain her excitement, she felt momentarily lost for words. A flush crept up her cheeks as she lowered his hands from her face.

Has Ajax been in love with Alisa? Is she really more than a friend in Ajax's eyes? Alisa thought not knowing Ajax's true intention.

"Yes," Alisa whispered.

Ajax can't seem to hear her response, inching closer, making her blush deepen.

"I-I said yes," Alisa affirmed, eyes shimmering with joyful tears.

Overwhelmed by happiness, Ajax held Alisa once more, softly whispering "thank you" in her ears. There was no ring—this proposal was spontaneous. Nevertheless, Alisa's heart brimmed with contentment, as she was about to marry not only her childhood confidant but also the love of her life.

Their day continued, punctuated by shared moments, and eventually, they returned to their respective homes. As the moon ascended, casting its silvery glow, they each carried with them the promise of a future, a journey into the new chapter they were set to embrace together.