Chapter 18: Armageddon Hath Come Part 3

-Alex pov-
"WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO?!" I thro the medical cart and fall to my knees "Why is she not coming back? Why is she still laying there?"

"She solar flared Alex" Kelly pulls me into a comfort hug with her only arm "This war will change a lot"

"Like your right arm?" We both look at the nub that is left behind "How are you doing?"

"Lena and Andrea are working with Kate to make another one" Kelly shrugs then looks back at me, in my eyes, and with her lovingly bright smile "I think we will be just fine"

"The twins too?" We both look back confused at Alura and she sighs "I was not supposed to say! Stupid Alura! Stupid!"

"Hey" We both get up and go over to Karas birth mom "You are alright! We honestly had no idea that it could be seen yet! I mean I should have but it is not that time yet"

"Oh honey that is normal births" Kelly tilts her head while Alura smiles "Krypton had special ones for Subs! If she was full alpha and you were full submissive then she definitely gave more than one! You could have up to six!"

"SIX?!" Kelly runs over and grabs Kara by the face "YOU GAVE ME SIX BABIES AND CHOOSE TO ALMSOT DIE! WHAT THE HELL?! YOU DO NOT GET TO DIE ON US YOU UNDERTAND! I...I have started to care just as much as I do for Alex...it scares me and I need you here holding me now with Alex more than ever"

"We both do" I walk to beside Kelly "I can not lose you...you complete us and Esme...she just is so lost without one of her new 'moms' as she puts it..what is kryptonian for mom? You have to teach it to her"

"Along with the new ones" Eliza walks over with Alura "You have to teach us all things"

"I want to know what you remember and have learned" Alura sniffles as she runs a hand through Karas hair "I have lost so much time....I just got you back and I can not lose you now"

"None of us can" Lena is the next to walk over "I love you so much! It has always been will they of won't they...we are finally at they are! Why leave everyone at that? I want to be a mom eventually to our children...please...please do not leave us"

"We all need you" Sam leads everyone else into the room. Our family is closest to her but the whole group fills in the emptiness "We see a team! You have told us that so much!"

"You taught love, kindness, and so much caring!" Ruby sniffles "Please! You have to come back! Wake up! WAKE UP KARA!"

My heart breaks as Ruby breaks down "She will" I look at Kara as tears fall down my face as they do with the others "She has to"

"How do we return her?" We look at Oliver who is deadly serious "Do I need to die again? We can summon a magician! I heard of a fate doctor and a magic girl!"

"There is nothing my father can do" A girl in a skimpy magicians outfit steps forward some "She is lost between two worlds"

"Alive and dead?" She nods and two more broken sobs come out "She can not be in purgatory!"

"She can if her body does not want to go" I glare as Aura starts hysterically sobbing "Only way out is up to her"

I am about to respond when the heart monitor flatlines. We all go silent besides the sobs. Kara officially is dead. I tearfully look at the time to report it.

-Eliza singing-
Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh, why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh, why can't I?

"A nice song my dear" Mom starts pulling the blanket up "We will miss you my love"

"May...May I?" She nods and lets Lena grab the blanket "We will miss you so much love...go onto your better place and I promise...I promise I will make sure everyone lives a full and happy life ok? No more struggles for you and no more fights"

Lena covers Kara and we just stare. There is nothing left to do. We can not just bring her back. The Lazarus Put is too dangerous to try.

Soon though I feel the ground move. We all look as everything shakes. It stops and soon a beep fills the room. Kara sits up and looks scared shitless.

"Hang on!" She takes a deep breath and looks around "You all look like you have seen a ghost! Can I get some times with my family for a second? It is awfully drafty in here"

Everyone shares a confused look and slowly leaves. I can share in their hesitations. I mean she was dead a minute ago! Weirder has happened though.

-Kara singing-

Can't say how the days will unfold
Can't change what the future may hold
But I want you in it
Every hour
Every minute

This world can race by far too fast
Hard to see while it's all flying past
But it's clear now
When you're standing here now
I am meant to be
Wherever you are next to me

All I wanna do
Is come runnin' home to you
Come runnin' home to you
And all my life I promise to
Keep runnin' home to you

And I could see it right from the start
Right from the start
That you would be, be my light in the dark
Light in the dark
Oh, you gave me no other choice but to love you

All I wanna do
Is come runnin' home to you
Come runnin' home to you
And all my life I promise to
Keep runnin' home to you
Keep runnin' home, home to you

Can't say how the days will unfold
Can't change what the future may hold
But I want you in it
Every hour, every minute

"I heard it all" Kara smiles and holds her arms out open "We are together forever"

We all hug and it feels so nice. But then the gears start turning. She said she heard it all. She can make her heart go so fast the monitors can not pick it up.

"Run" We all pull apart and Kara looks scared again  "You are so dead!"

She screams and takes off running. I am glad she is alive but I am going to kill her!