A singular voice

I'm not expecting anyone to read this honestly
but anyways if someone runs into this enjoy (?
The whole idea started with a song so I'll put it here to honor it.

——————————————————————————

You were getting ready for tonight. Nights were becoming routine but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing, in the end this is what you were looking for now. A little confort and a simpler life. You lived in the middle zones of Coruscant. Quite a busy place for your liking but you couldn't really go anyplace else. Besides, all that people made you go unnoticed and that was great.

You were suddenly ripped off your thoughts.

-"Y/N!"

-"Y-yeah?" You turned around from the
mirror in which you were looking at yourself before.

-"Are you ready yet? We're about to open and there will be a hell out of people tonight, remember!?" Your boss called out.

You could tell he was excited for tonight. It was friday and not just any friday. You heard that the war was turning up good for the Republic now, and most of the important part of the army was coming back to Coruscant. Probably to give their reports to the Council and the Senate.
You knew how the war worked. Too much for your liking.

Anyways, that meant that the bar was going to be full of drunken clones, maybe even a Jedi. Which was particularly weird but not impossible. And that meant credits on your pockets. You were a simple waitress, but nights like this rewarded special talents besides from serving drinks. And your boss knew that.

-"Yes, i'll be there in a sec!" You tied your hair and went to grab the tray. You neared your boss.

-"Great, now remember: smile and use your charms to get them drunk so they'll spend more" He laughed while he shook your shoulders. You gave him a look.

-"What?"

You smiled softly.

-"I don't need to do anything, you know those poor guys. They'll get wasted if they need to, just because of the war. We're supposed to be here to cheer 'em up"

He looked at you and raised an eyebrow.

-"And to make money of course, but! I'm just saying tonight we won't have to do many efforts".

He smiled.

-"Well, if you're so sure about that then get to work!"
He patted your back so you went to do your job.

Hell, you knew deep down it would be a long night. You started your life as a waitress a few years ago. You didn't have anywhere else to go besides from... your last home. You were hiding in this club, trying not to call the attention of others too much, but you didn't have an option when it comes to singing. Your boss insisted you should sing in the club to attract people once he heard your voice by accident. You were lucky most of them where drunk when you do it, so they won't really remember your face.

~

It was nine o'clock and most tables were already taken. You saw many species but as you suspected, there were many clones. You already knew a few, but this time, there were a lot more of them.
You were talking to the bartender but then you approached a table since they were giving you hand signals.

-"Hey Y/N! here!" A particular clone said.

As you were getting closer you smiled and sent a hand to your hip.

-"Well hello boys, it's been a while" You said enthusiastically.

You looked at Fives who's character you've known for a while now, he was always good to you and turned up to be a good friend of yours.