Stuck

Anakin hasn't awakened yet. He didn't seem to get any better, so you were worried. You were sitting next to the campfire, thinking, when someone sat next to you.

-"It seems we're stuck here" It was Rex. You smiled at him.

-"Well, at least we still have the General with us" You  softly looked down.

He looked at you for a moment.

-"Thanks to you"

You shook your head.

-"I didn't do anything special, Rex. I only followed my duty" You looked at him for a moment, then he took his helmet off.

You loved looking at him.

-"Guess duty is the most important thing for us"

-"Yes, but it could be different" You looked at the campfire. You could feel him tensing up.

-"Different?"

-"Don't mind me. I'm just talking silly" You said, not wanting to expose yourself too much.

He hesitated for a moment but then he spoke.

-"In my experience. Sometimes sticking to the code can be the most safe thing to do"

You lowered your head, but you heard his voice again.

-"But not always the most effective. Even if that means breaking the code to reach what's right"

He couldn't believe his own words, but he couldn't help it.

-"Yes, but what we want might not always the right thing" You said challengingly.

-"That depends. What do you think?"

-"About what?" You smiled.

-"About-" He was suddenly cut off by a low roaring.

You both stood up quickly looking at your surroundings. Rex placed his helmet on and turned on his flashlights.

Suddenly, the others appeared.

-"If you don't mind me asking General Secura. Where exactly are we going?" Commander Bly asked.

-"To go find the people who live in this planet" She said boldly.

-"Where are we going to find them? We have no idea where they are" He replied, a little worried.

Then Ahsoka took a map on her hands.

-"It seems to me, that the people we're looking for live near giant trees"

-"Very perceptive, padawan" Aayla looked at her.

You sent Ahsoka a soft nod. She kneeled in front of Anakin.

-"Be strong Master. Just a little bit longer. Rex and Y/n will watch over you"

-"It is time to go" Aayla said shortly.

-"Don't worry kid. I'll take good care of him" Rex raised his gun.

-"Yeah, and I'll take care of both of you" You joked.

Ahsoka nodded at you as she got up.

-"General L/n, Captain Rex, keep your locator on. We should be back by daybreak with whoever or whatever lives on this planet" Secura said.

-"Got it, General Secura" Rex said firmly.

Then he looked at Ahsoka.

-"Hey, kid. Good luck" He smiled at her.

She smiled too.

You placed a hand on her shoulder.

-"We trust you, Ahsoka. He'll be fine, I promise"