Loving Thoughts

It's been like a week since you've returned from Geonosis. What a gross place. Rex was assigned to another mission almost immediately since you came back so you haven't seen him since then. You didn't have the whole week free though, you were actually doing some small jobs for the council, so you were busy these days. But not today. Today you were free.

You were sort of tired to be on the temple. You missed your house. So that's where you decided to spend the day.

You were laying on your couch just thinking about the war.
Is everything you do...ever going to put an end to it? Honestly, what's gonna happen after the war? Even if we win.
However you were a bit hungry so you were eating a fruit while looking at the ceiling. Then you heard a knock on the door. You got up.

-"Who is it?"

-"Y/n. It's Rex" You opened the door quickly and smiled widely when you saw him.

You pulled him into a hug. You both stood like that for a few seconds before pulling apart.

-"Come in, Rex" You closed the door behind him.

-"When did you return?" You asked sitting with him on the couch.

-"Just an hour ago. I looked for you on the temple. One of the boys told me you left so I figured you'd be here"

-"So I became predictable" You said with a laugh.

-"Maybe I figured where you were. But you will always be unpredictable for many thing-" You cut him off with a kiss. He was a little shocked but he gave himself into the kiss immediately. You pulled apart.

-"Like I said. Unpredictable" He said with a smile.

-"I've missed you, Rex"

-"I missed you too" You suddenly lowered your head looking sad.

-"Y/n, what's wrong?"

-"Rex. This war, what's going to happen when it ends?"

-"What you mean?"

-"I mean, even if we win. I know you, Rex. You're a soldier. Will you really be able to leave all of that behind and live a normal life?"

-"Well...I don't know. You could teach me" You got up from the couch.

-"I'm- I couldn't Rex. I've never been normal. I tried but my life caught up to me soon after. That could happen too even if we tried. Another war could catch us."

-"Y/n. You don't have to think about all that. See, there's some things we can't control. We have to wait until it happens and decide what we will do afterwards" You sighed

-"I know. I'm sorry, sometimes I can't help but worry about the future" He stood up.

-"I worry too. But I have to hope for the best to protect my brothers and fight for the Republic, no matter what" You turned around to face him.

-"I admire that of you, Rex. You always keep your head straight. Sometimes I loose mine" He got closer to you and softly rubbed your cheek.

-"Sometimes I feel like I'm going to loose my head too. But I learned how to keep it cool. You will too"
-"I hope I do" You leaned in to give him a short kiss.

He stood quiet for a moment.

-"Y/n...This war, I haven't known anything aside from it. It's existence made possible ours. I've seen...many of my brothers die, and I'll probably keep watching them die until it's done. I am prepared, to serve the Republic and if necessary to give my life for it. I never wanted anything else...until I met you. Y/n, I was prepared to die any day. But now, there's a reason I wasn't made for that makes me want to survive." He paused for a moment looking into your eyes. "You."