It's over

-"But, Y/n, be realistic, how are you going to get to Umbara? Even if you did, you're just going to infiltrate?"

You were grabbing your cloak from your room and preparing everything to leave as Anakin spoke.

You took a quick glance at him.

-"I have to try. I think I know how, I just need a ship"

Anakin frowned.

-"A ship? I never saw you piloting a ship before"

You looked at him.

-"I've flown a few times when I was younger, you'd be surprised"

He took some steps closer and spoke seriously.

-"Not good enough"

-"I can do it!"

-"I thought you were listening when our Masters told us not to let our feelings blind our judgment" He was starting to get irritated.

You stood silent for a moment.

-"And what about you? You were listening?" You took some steps closer to him as you started to put your cloak on. "I know you'd do the same thing I'm doing" You whispered that last part.

He just stared at the ground with a frowned face, knowing you were right, but he slowly began to relax and sighed before speaking.

-"I... Y/n, I'm just trying to protect you. You have to prepare for the fact that maybe once you get there, what you saw might already happened"

You just closed your eyes and sighed before opening them again.

-"Anakin, you've been one of the greatest friends I've ever had. I appreciate you're trying to protect me, I'd probably do the same thing if I was in your place right now. But you have to let me go, this is my choice and it's not that I'm trying to control the fate of things. I just know it's my duty to be there"

You both stood in silence for a few seconds.

He gave you a soft smile.

-"Y/n, we make our own fate" He placed a hand on your shoulder. "Be careful out there"

You smiled.

-"I'm always careful"

You looked at Y-5, who was standing at the door all the time, waiting for you. With that, you sent a last look at Anakin and slowly left your room, you headed straight to the hangar with your droid, going over your plan in your head.

As you walked, you felt like everyone was watching you. But it was just the typical feeling before doing something you know you shouldn't be doing.

-"So, I just basically have to lie and join the fleet" You were mumbling your "plan" as you kept walking faster towards the hangar.

You tried to compose yourself and before you knew it, you were standing in front of the hangar doors.
You took a look at all the ships as you slowly walked through the place.

Y-5 followed you and made some noises.

-"No, we need a Starfighter"

He made more noises.

-"I might not be the best pilot in the galaxy. That's why I have you, little one. Now, tell me if there's one around"

You kept walking as Y-5 made a review of the hangar to search a ship. Suddenly, he began to jump and beep. Your eyes drifted towards a green starfighter.

-"Good job"

You ran towards the ship and rapidly placed Y-5 in the astromech seat, taking your own seat after that.