Eighteen - Manila Cathedral

୨⎯ THIRD ⎯୧

THIRD

The fountain keeps pouring its water. Dinala sila ng mga paa nila ngayon sa Manila Cathedral. In the middle of the church, there was a big statue of King Charles IV of Spain. They've decided to sat down for awhile after walking the streets of intramuros.

"I thought—" Yongsun was cut off when Byul started to speak.

"Oh? Sino ngayon ang nabitin?" Byul smirked. Pinaghahampas ito ni Yongsun ng malakas na katabi lang din niya. "I hate you!" she repeatedly smacked Byul's shoulder but not in aggressive way.

"Child." Byul made fun of her and laughed even more. "I didn't know I've applied for another job." Byul slipped.

"Another?" napuno ng pagtataka ang mukha ni Yongsun. "What's your job other than handling your dad's restaurant, then? Nag-part time ka ba ulit?" Yongsun opened her mouth a bit, an actual surprised.

Byul's gaze went somewhere else. Uh-oh. She fucked up. "No— what I mean to say is.. para akong naging babysitter mo, Yongsun." Byul laughed it off. She almost got her. "See, you keep throwing tantrums at me and say you hate me." Byul pouted. Pero tinulak lang ito ni Yongsun palayo.

"Kainis ka kasi!" Yongsun kept pushing her aside but in a playful manner. "Argh.. how can I hate you for silly things and love you still?!"

Yongsun kept hitting Byul like a child. "Come here!" she pulled Byul close. Bawi niya.

"Yongsun..." matawa tawa namang tinignan niya ang kanyang asawa. "I love it when your inner child is showing." Byul offers her a bear hug. So wide that she can held Yongsun whole.

Yongsun hugged Byul close to her. She was leaning against her while they sat and locked her arms around Byul's body. The two were embracing each other while watching the moon on this silent, peaceful night.

Sa sobrang tahimik ng paligid, tanging buhos lang ng tubig sa fountain ang naririnig ng dalawa. Kakaunti nalang din ang mga sasakyang dumadaan sa harap ng Manila Cathedral kung saan sila nakaupo ngayon.

Habang naka-akap ay biglang lumalim ang isip ni Yongsun. She silently cursed through her head remembering where they're actually at.