19 - Planning

Surprisingly it's not as hard as I thought it was going to be to find the spell.

I also want to kick myself too though.

The spell that will separate Neo and Niko is the one that I had looked at, but wasn't able to process any information about.

But as I read it my supper started to churn in my stomach and up my throat. This was not going to be an easy or clean spell.

I read over the spell again, making notes along the way so I don't forget to mention anything to Neo.

Prosuto atauttikut is a spell used to separate a witch or wizard from a devwI'. The spell requires a lot of step up. You must:

Find an open spot with no one around

Grab salt and make a large circle

Have a bowl of sage ready to burn

Once all of the step up is complete, have the witch/wizard who has the devwI' living in them stand in the center of the salt circle.

Beep!

I look up from the spell. I reach for my phone which sits somewhere in my bag. After searching for it and finding it in the second largest pocket I check the message.

It's Mia.

Did you find anything?

I stare at the text for a moment. Should I tell her I did? It would be the polite thing to do since she helped. But... if I tell her I did she'll want to help with the ritual. And right now I don't think she's ready. She'd probably just get in the way and make everything worse.

No :(

I was really hoping that would help! Guess it's back to the drawing board :(

I sigh. Why do I feel bad for just wanting to protect her?

I nagaviate out of our conversation without responding to her and into mine and Neo's conversation. The last text there is the one from right before our tutoring session of me telling him I'm on my way.

I bite my lip.

Do I tell him I found what we were looking for? It only seems right to. But I can't tell him over text, this is too important.

Hey Neo, can we meet up?

It takes a minute before the three little dots appear. I bite my lip harder, the metallic flavoring of blood seeps into my mouth as I wait.

Sure. The Little Corner Cafe?

That works! See you in a few

See ya

I sigh. The Little Corner Cafe is a small coffee shop in the middle of town. At this time of day it should be empty of anyone except for maybe a few students getting some homework done.

I grab my little notebook with all the details I'll need to tell him about and race downstairs.

***

When I enter the cafe I glance around looking for Neo. He isn't at the tables that make a little aisle up to the counter where no one stands to greet me. A few students sit crunched over textbooks and notebooks with a cup of coffee beside them at the tables. He also isn't at any of the booths that line the two sides of the shop. The shop is colored in pastels. All the tables are white but the seats and booth seats vary in pastel colors.

I make my way up to the counter where the cash register sits between two display cases. I glance at the doughnuts, cookies and muffins that sit in them while waiting for someone to help me.