Chapter 5 - The Big Day

You were in a room at the Narukami shrine getting ready, the shrine maidens put your accessories and kimono on adding the jewelry carefully.

You heard that Ayato was also there in other room getting ready and you felt like you would explode. You were about to lose your freedom, this thought made your mind race like a thunder but you had to calm down. It was for the sake of Inazuma.

As you were ready you saw a shrine maiden come in.

"Lady y/n, you may come, the groom is waiting outside." she said and you followed her. When you saw ayato waiting next to Miko your heart skipped a beat. He looked so gorgeous, Ayaka was in one side waiting for you while Thoma was next to Ayato smiling at you.

When you got in front of him he gave you a warm smile and you smiled back at him.

"Alright, I will start the ceremony now!" Yae said and she started doing the ceremony. After exchanging vows it was the time when you and Ayato would share your first kiss and you were so nervous. It seems that he noticed because he held your hands while he came closer. He approached you and your lips met his in a sweet kiss. You felt a lot of butterflies in your stomach and you closed your eyes. After some seconds you both parted and looked at each other smiling brightly. Next to you the Shogun came and you both knelt before her.

"You have my blessing, you shall serve Inazuma till your last days together, your marriage forming an eternity, you may stand up." she said and you thanked her. After that Ayaka and Thoma came to congratulate you and hug you both. You noticed Ayaka having small tears in the corner of her eyes and you smiled at her.

" Congratulations!! "she said hugging both of you.

" Thank you, Ayaka! Or should I say sister? "you said with a smile and she gave you one of the biggest smiles you ever saw.

" Yes yes you should! "she said excited and Ayato chuckled. It wasn't everyday that his sister was in such a good mood.

" Congratulations Y/n, lord Ayato, I hope you will take care of my daughter. "you dad said and you nodded at him while Ayato smiled.

" Don't worry sir, your daughter is in good hands. "he said and smiled down at you.

After a party you had at the Kamisato estate everyone left and you could rest finally. But it wasn't going to be that easy was it?

" Y/n the servants already moved your belongings in our shared room, you can find them in the big wardrobe next to the bathroom." Ayato said and guided you to your shared room. You totally forgot that you will have to sleep together with Ayato and you were looking very flustered. When you saw the bed you wanted just to sleep but you knew you had to get your night gown.

" I will go prépare for the night then." you said and he nodded. You took your night gown and headed to the bathroom. After you were done with showering and getting changed you let your hair down and headed back to your shared room.

You already found Ayato in the bed reading a book but when he heard you he glanced at you and looked at you for a couple of seconds like he was stunned.

You stood there looking back at him not knowing what to do.

"So uhm, what book are you reading?" you said as you went next to him to see the book. He finally recovered from his speechless state and looked in your eyes.

"Oh, this book is from the Yae Publishing House. It's called a Inazuma: A short History." he said and you looked at the book that surely had over 1000 pages.

"Short you say??" you spoke surprised and he laughed.

"Yes it seems. But it's written by one of lady Guuji's editors so I'm not surprised." he said and he patted for the next side so you could sit there. You did as he showed you. As you sat there he looked at the book.

"I heard that you like reading, is that right?" he said and you nodded.

"Yes, I always loved reading and studying, that's why after my mother's death, my dad send me to Sumeru Academia." I said and he nodded.

"Did you like it there?" he asked and you smiled sadly.

"Well yes, it's a beautiful place full of knowledge, but, at first I just thought that my dad wanted to get rid of me y focusing on the rightful heir of the Hiiragi clan, I couldn't blame him, I never had what it takes to be a leader, but it hurt me how he left me alone when I needed him the most. The first days at the Academia proven to be quite a challenge since I had to prove myself in front of those scholars. Don't get me wrong, they are very nice, but they tend to treat you with superiority if your not at their level."you said and he looked at you full of compassion.

" I understand what you felt, your mother's death must meant a great deal to you. At us, when mother died I expected that so I took it a little better you know, I got used to the idea that she will leave soon and I had to rule a whole clan, plus take care of my sister, I didn't care what became of me... But my family, no one is ever allowed to tremble over my precious family. "he said and you looked at him with a tear at the corner of your eye. You never knew how hard it must have been for Ayato, losing both his father and mother, sure, you lost your mother too, but at least you had your father, but at Ayato, he had to sacrifice himself in order to keep the clan and his sister safe...

"Wait... Why are you crying??" Ayato said alarmed and you shook your head.

"It- it must have been so difficult for you, taking care of everything since your parents died, you not only lost them, but also your freedom, and your still doing such a wonderful job and your the best comissioner from the tri-comission. I- I can't even express what I would did in your place, I would simply broke... "you said letting your head down and crying more since you left your thoughts with a loud voice. Ayato looked at you shocked. He couldn't believe how you cried for what had happened to him, he did hear that you had a lot of empathy, but he didn't think you would do that. He put his arms around you and hugged you. You buried your face in his chest and after you looked at him while he wiped your teary cheeks.

"I promise to take care of you, maybe no one had time to do that till now, but from now on I'll be here for you to help you when you need it, you won't be alone anymore." you said and he looked at you speechless.

When he didn't say anything you thought that you exaggerated and you left your head down.

" Sorry if I went too fa-"your tried to say but couldn't finish because he kissed you. You stood there dumbfounded while he kissed you so sweetly.

After a second you closed your eyes and gave into him letting all your feelings go and show how much this man meant for you.

After you parted, he looked with a loving smile while caressing your cheeks.

"Don't even dare to apologize, I'm so glad I've picked you out of everyone to be my wife." he said and you blushed looking away. He just chuckled and pulled you in a hug. You both fell asleep like that and for the first time since your mother died you felt loved and safe in someone's arms.

A/n: omg this chapter made my heart melt totally I can't express how much I love this man right here 😭

Anyways just look how cute they are I made this picture in my teapot but I can't wait for the maintenance to be over so I can just edit it and put Ayato in haha <3