Chapter 8 - A Festival Night 2

As you prepared for the festival you looked quite nervous. This was the first time when you and Ayato would make a public appearance as a couple. You hooked your hand with Ayato's as you started to walk to the festival. When you arrived you saw a lot of people enjoying their day. You spotted Ayaka and Yoimiya at a dango stand and you smiled at them.

"Ah Ayaka looks so happy when she's with Yoimiya." you said and Ayato nodded.

"Yes, I'm grateful for miss Nagonohara for that, even too I hope her open-spirit personality won't affect Ayaka, you know, she's the quiet and mannered type of girl, it's not in her character to start being loud and express everything she thinks." he said and you smiled.

" Don't worry, nothing could change the way Ayaka is. She's true to herself no matter what, and she's proud of you even if she's not saying it. "you said and he smiled at you.

" Do you really think soo? "he said and you smiled.

" I don't think soo, I know soo. "you said and you started walking trough the stands. After enjoying some sweets you and Ayato started to talk more about all sort of things.

" I know right? The fatui are actually very sly I tell you, I only met a few but they all were awful. For example Signora, she's very intimidating, she thinks she's the prettiest woman but honestly she's scarry, then there's Childe, he's actually such a clown. I heard he almost destroyed Liyue Harbor by summoning an ancient god. But the worst one out of all in my opinion is Il Dottore. "you said and Ayato watched you.

" Oh and why is that? "he asked and you huffed.

" That ungrateful man I swear, he kidnapped several kids to make experiments on him, he also studied at the sumeru academia so he's smart and he knows a lot of things. But what he did to à friend of mine from sumeru is just awful. So you see, Collei was a girl... "and so you told him everything about Collei and what dottore did to her.

" Oh and who's this Cyno you mentioned? "Ayato asked and you smiled.

" He's one of my closest friends from Sumeru. He's a scholar but he's very smart! I always appreciated him for that I really hope he will visit inazuma one day so you can meet him as well. "you said and he smiled.

" I'm sure he's a great person. "Ayato said and you smiled.

" Yes he is, even too, you might find him a little arrogant at first. "you said and he looked at you.

" How's so? "

" well he knows a lot of stuff so he doesn't like to waste his time on anything irrelevant to him. "you said.

" MY BRO AYATO what, a surprise for you to come here tonight! "someone said with a laugh and Ayato looked stunned before he turned around.

" Ah... Itto, fancy seeing you here. I trust you enjoy yourself. "Ayato says and Itto pats Ayato back but in such a violet way that Ayato is pushed with 2 steps in front. You look stunned at the way the oni greeted the comissioner.

" Ya bet I do lemme just tell you these events are nothing without the Arataki Gang and ofc course Arataki Numero Uno Itto!" he says and then he notices you.

"Oh but who's this fine lady with you eh?" he looks at you and you don't dare to move.

"Ah yes she's my dear wife, y/n." Ayato says and Itto blinks surprised.

"Huh? *GASP* YOU GOT MARRIED AND YOU DIDNT EVEN TELL YOUR BRO?? Ayato, my bro, my guy, my dude! I thought we had a deeper relationship man!" he said while he started to act dramatically.

"Ah apologies all the matter was actually rushed so only my family members came." Ayato chuckled and Itto raised his head.

"Eh is that so? Well nice to meet you Ayato's wifey! I am Arataki Itto but I also go by The one and oni Itto~" he said and you looked fazed at him.

"Uh... Nice to meet you Itto, I'm y/n !" you said and he started laughing.

"Ehehe my bro Ayato you certainly got the big catch with this one right here." he said and you looked at him shocked. Ayato face palmed himself while giving you an apologetic look.

"Look boss! They serve the new drinks right now let's go!!" one of the gang's members said and Itto looked amazed.

"Oh yes! Uh, well, I'll cya latter bro Ayato! Cyaa Mrs Ayato!!" he said and left and u almost dropped your fan.

"Does he have the slightest idea that your last family name is not Ayato?" you asked Ayato and he chuckled.

"I don't even know at this point, but I'll tell you once what's going on with him." he said as you walked to the top of the island. When you got there you started watching the fireworks that Yoimiya prepared. It was such a beautiful show.

"Y/n, did you like the festival?" Ayato asked and you nodded.

"Of course Ayato, it was wonderful!" you said and he smiled.

"I'll make sure that this is the first of the many festivals we will attend together." he said and you looked at his eyes again. He looked so handsome in the light of the fireworks. You put your hand on his cheek to caress his face and he leaned in your palm. While you both looked at each other you noticed how he started getting closer to you till your lips were at inches.

"May I?" he asked and you felt your heart skip a beat. You nodded and he pulled you in a tender kiss. Trough all the kissed the both of you shared this one was the best. You put all your emotions in it and he wrapped his arms around you. When you broke you looked at each other and you leaned to rest your head on his chest and you continued to watch the fireworks. He left his head rest on your own and he continued to stare at the sky as well.

After the two of you left the festival you went to visit Thoma and chatted with him. After you got home and you both went to sleep in each other's arms.