Chapter 10 - The Storm

Today you felt like you won't have a good day for some reasons. You woke up next to Ayato and you looked up at him. He was actually awake and he was reading a book.

"Oh good morning sweetheart." he said and you smiled.

"Good morning." you said and got a little more up. He closed the book he was reading and he wrapped his strong arms around you pulling you into his chest.

"I hope you slept well after what, happened yesterday." Ayato said concerned and you smiled.

"I'm fine thank you, I had to deal with worse things at Sumeru such as poisonous snakes and a lot of monsters, some fatui won't scare me away that easily." you said and he chuckled.

"Alright." he said and you looked at him.

"But Ayato... What did your shuumatsuban do yesterday? It seemed like a very important mission." you said and he looked serious.

"Ah well they had to help the resistance a little." he said and your eyes widened.

"You mean... The resistance want to attack the Tenshukaku?" you said and he shrugged.

"I don't know for sure. But I helped them for the sake of Inazuma, and my sister." he said and you nodded.

"Hmm I heard that Kazuha came back to Inazuma, I just hope he will be alright..." you said and Ayato looked at you.

"He's one of your closest friends from Inazuma right?" he asked and you nodded.

"Yeah, when I was little I used to play with him and Tomo a lot... But then I was sent to Sumeru and years later I found out what happened to Tomo. I... Can't bear to lose anyone else, not anymore, my mother and Tomo were already enough." you said with teary eyes and he hugged you.

" Don't worry, I'll make sure that no one you love will be harmed. "he said and you looked up at him.

" Then, please, rest a little Ayato, I don't want to lose you either, overworking yourself will only lead to illnesses! "you said and he looked at you with wide eyes.

" I... Will take care of myself too. "he said and you decided to kiss him. He looked surprised at first but then he leaned into your touch.

After getting ready you decided to go out and help the plants around the estate. Since Thoma was hiding at Komore teahouse you had to look after the flowers more since the servants didn't really know how to treat them. As you were applying some magic to the flowers using your catalyst you saw Ayaka rushing to you.

"Y/n! Let's get into Ayato's office I need to show you something." she said quickly pulling you in.

"Ayaka! What happened? Something is wrong?" you said as she dragged you to Ayato's office bursting in. Ayato looked up and he looked a little surprised to see Ayaka there holding your arm.

"Okay y/n I came here because I know that this is the safest place in the estate, here I'm sure no one would hear. You have to look trough these. I'm sorry..." she said and looked away while handing you some papers. You took them and started to read it.

Almighty Shogun,

Everything goes smoothly in Ritou, there are no problems with the people. They respect the vision hunt decree and the trading goes perfectly. We didn't get any requests about citizens that can't afford their food, so everyone is alright. As for the people who's visions got confiscated, they feel even better right now! As if all their worries washed away! I hope your excellency has a great time at Tenshukaku!

With respect, Hiiragi Shinsuke.

As you read the letter your eyes widened. After that you looked at some reports that clearly prove that your father did business with the fatui selling them crystal marrows. He had business even with la signora, the 8th fatui harbinger. When you finished reading the letters and documents you dripped them and closed your eyes.