1

"Reject me." Those words tasted bitter as I stood in front of him. Like usual, he did not say a word and continued on reading. But I am unbelievably persistent today. We may be mates by the moon but he could not even treat me with any ounce of respect.

I bit my lip before repeating those distasteful words.

"Reject me. That is all I ask." 

A loud bang echoed as his table flung to the other side of the room. The wall cracked along of what is left with his table.

"What. Did. You. Say?" His voice was sharp and vile. He stood with such an aura of a predator to a prey. 

"Reject me." I closed my fists as my heart started to betray my decision.

"You can't leave." He stated. 

"But..." 

"No!" His voice boomed.

 I never truly understood him. He does not want me, yet, he won't let me go. 

"Listen!" I yelled back. He did not say a word, maybe because of my uncharacteristic action. "I want to leave." I insisted. Still, he was unmoving. His face covered by the shadows.

"Please. Please let me go." I never liked to beg. "I promise I will not bother you. I will not get myself kidnapped. I will not show myself again as long as fate can hold." But he has given me no choice.

 "No." His teeth gritted, mad, again but he has always been mad at me. I know this will not be an easy talk. Does he hate me that much? Tell me what am I to you? Tell me what am I supposed to do? 

"Then kill me!" My mouth unknowingly moved. But that was courage, I suppose. His brows furrowed with a brief confusion, something I have never seen before. 

"It is unfair if I will stay alive within these walls. If you don't want me, kill me. If that will bring you peace then do it." His eyes glazed at my sudden words. But, it was true. "Aiden." My voice shakes at the last hope to try to find some kindness. He averted his gaze and for the first time I saw sadness. 

"Take your things and leave." He said in a such a cold voice freezing even my heart. But this is what is bound to happen. I started to head for the door when I heard a sorrowful tone. 

"Rain." he whispered. His eyes turned silver glowing in the dim light. It was his wolf, Kylo. His mere look begs me not to leave but he couldn't say it. He is as prideful as Aiden. He started covering our distance and within seconds he stood in front of me. I almost gasped when his warm hand touched my cheek, caressing. His brows creased with his lips slightly parted, wanting to say something. But before he could, I reached for his face.  The face I wanted to touch for so long. I wanted to trace every details, memorize them. But now, I have to go and this is my last wish:

"Please take care of yourself." It was bitter. It was painful. "Take care of Aiden."  I gritted my teeth preventing a sob. "I will always remember you." I admit.Then, my hand started to slip away, yet his quick reflexes entrapped me under his arms, encasing me to an embrace that I thought I would never feel."Don't." He said, breathing on my neck. This breaks me even more."I have to." It breaks me more as I hear his beating heart, beating in a rapid pace that I can almost feel fear, his fear, if that is.  "You'll be fine." I whispered and he slowly loosened his hold. I escaped and went out before he could change his mind. My chest is ready to explode but I have contained it this long. I knew better. 

And so, I left.

As I passed through their border, by the highway, a car awaited me. Once again, I turned around, breathing out. "I'm sorry for this." I slowly lifted my right hand until my palm faced their territory: feeling every inch of it, erasing my scent, cutting the mate bond - temporarily. He will not feel the loss of his mate. He will not be reminded of my presence, if he ever did. He will not yearn for me, even if it is because of the unbroken tie. He will be free. This is to return the favor of his last kindness. My hand fell to my side, and I heaved a sigh. 

I got in the car, sitting on the passenger's side. The other one did not say anything and started driving away. However, the moment we stepped out of the car, he stared at me, silently asking. 

"He did not reject me." I said snatching my bag off his hands. Duke.

"Doesn't matter." He stared at me, brows furrowed. He may be right but only fate can tell."You're leaving, right?" He sighed walking past me. He did not let me answer but he paused when he opened the door."Laine, if you come back, even after a hundred years you will never forget him." He looked over his shoulder and whisper, "that is our curse."