9

Sicilia. The Kingdom of werewolves. The place where the throne is, where he lives. I know the King. To say that I know him is an understatement. We fought side by side, along with Eros and several others. Never thought that establishing a kingdom will take lives.

"How are you?"

"Well, I'm getting old and you..." He paused looking at me. "You haven't aged a day since I last saw you."

I shrugged. I'm stuck in the age when I became a guardian. It is the only reason why time does not affect my body.

"Sometimes, I forget how old you are." I lightly punched him. "Ouch." He acted hurt. "You're still my little sister." Yep, he is the only one who treats me like I'm a baby. He often calls me Lady Kore as our joke.

"Uncle suits you more than big brother."

"Hey." He aged, a lot. He is always the older one. And me and the King are his little siblings.

"How is the King?" He raised his brows.

"You've changed."

"Huh?"

"We would really like if you visit us, especially him." His smile fades away.

"Is he... ok?"

"You know he does not like you to worry about anything else. Perhaps, it is best that you don't come back." Now, this doesn't sound right. Even though he said that I should not come to Sicilia, his change in tone implies that I should.

"What am I saying? I should not ruin the mood. I missed you a lot." I am more worried with his change of topic.

Yet, I only shrugged. I don't want to keep on pushing.

"I missed you, too."

"Ow. Our Lady Kore misses me at last." He acted like he is going to hug. I pushed away his face.

"Lady Kore does not want hugs from Uncle." I said stepping back.

"Hmph." His eyes suddenly glazed receiving a mindlink from his company. "Looks like my job here is done."

"Already?" We start heading out.

"I wish to catch up with my Lady Kore but it's gonna be a long trip back. I just went to see you."

"Hmmm." He patted my head. "We miss you, too that I could kidnap you if not for the headmaster of yours."

"I don't think he'll mind" Headmaster also insists that I should not stay here if I will only work. He almost fired me, if that is possible.

"I really want to kidnap you."

"Oh, my big brother is so cute." I pinched his cheek.

"A... Aw."

Although I can visit anytime, I don't want to return yet to Sicilia. That place reminds me of the people we lost in the midst of the battles.

We walked out together.

"Cheer up now. I almost forgot." He took something out from his pocket. It is a small envelope. "He told me to give this to you. He wants to see you." The King? "I will try to visit again. Ok, so don't frown."

"Promise?"

"Promise." He got in the truck and they left.

I pocketed the envelope to look at it later.

I heave a sigh. I don't want to start a gloomy day. After a while, I turned around to head back only to realize that Aiden was there. Again, he did not say a word and went back first.A sad thought came to mind. If he rejects me now, I may not be able to live until Eros came to visit. He does not know of my curse while the King knows the gist, and I wonder if they found out will they forgive me for not telling?

or will they come after Aiden?

Miriel, Riri and I started sorting the clothes since the volunteers will only arrive during or after lunch.

"Wait, who is looking after the kids?" Artie is on her day-off and Riri is here.

"The less serious guy." Miriel answered. Less serious? "I think his name is Kai." Oh, Kaiser. Wait, what? Kaiser is one of Aiden's men.

"He said he can manage. The more serious guy is checking the pipes with Theo." I assume that is Aiden.

Are they helping for their own gain or for the children?

I can try to look at their real motive if I use my power but that means I will reveal myself. But if they are really doing it for the sake of others, it will look rude to check if they have ulterior motives.

"Thena? Thena." I snapped out of my thoughts.

"What is it?"Miriel was holding a pastel pink dress with ribbon designs at the bottom.

"Never mind. Are you two okay?" She asked setting down the dress.

"Two?"

She motioned towards Riri who is lost in thought and was folding and unfolding a sweater.

"Ri? Riri?" I tapped her shoulder.

"Huh? Uh? Is it lunch already?"

"You're both in daze, did something happen? Did you eat breakfast?

"A... yes, I did. Is something wrong?" She's still out of focus. "I better prepare some snacks." Her cheerful smile does not hide the wariness in her eyes. What's wrong?