Chapter 7: Hurry up y/n

Your eyebrows furrow as you trudge your way across the dry land.
"y/n?" David calls through the radio.
"Y-yes, I'm here" you squint as you walk towards the structure, this was not what you wanted to gain from this experience.
"So, what did you all do while I was in my room?"
"Well-" he stops.
"Okay there's a shorter route you can go, go through the crack and then turn left-"
"I'll just go the way I know..." You mumble, no way you're getting lost whilst on your own. You don't fully trust him, so you have to be careful.
"Okay" he replies.

Other pov

David was bent over, leaning over the desk. One finger resting on the microphone for the radio, the other on the desk to hold him up. He had a smirk on his face, it was a set up. Of course it was. He didn't want to tell y/n why she was going there, but he had found his perfect lab rat. Which in his synthetic eyes, was all that mattered.

Your pov

You drag yourself through the narrow crack, the one you'd left a few days ago, expecting not to be returning any time soon.

Scanning your eyes around the spacious hall, looking at the tall ceilings. The dark architecture felt different to before. The moonlight was shining through a hole in the ceiling, onto the dirty stone floors. "It feels extra eerie" you mumble to yourself.
"So, why am-" you start asking again.
He cuts you off. You huff, you understand he needs to give you instructions but can't he wait just a second.
"Keep going, be careful of any fallen debris" he warns. You look down at the floor so your torch can show a clear path. Stone and rubble had gathered on the floor. Maybe the ground had shaken, while you weren't here?
You inhale slowly, you have made it quite far. Especially on your own.

Delicate designs carved into the stone along the walls, all dusty from years of sitting undisturbed. Until now, some patches showed hand prints or large patches of disturbed dust. "Hurry up y/n, you need to get this done as soon as possible" he sounded wary, the volume of his voice alternates as he turns his head.
"Alright...alright..." You step slowly towards the tall doors you had been in a few days ago. This better not take too long.