Chapter 16: escape

He doesn't respond, of course he doesn't. He isn't English. He probably thinks you're a...item of prey? Your eyes widen at the sudden thought. you lift yourself up weakly again, and turn your head enough to see the view from over him. Hid body language hadn't read you were on the menu, but he could just be good at hiding it. His footsteps echo down the tall, dark tunnels of the temple. You surely weren't far from where he wanted you, wait. Was there more? In hiding, and they need something to eat. So he hunted you. But he didn't eat your crewmates, you pull expressions while you hold yourself up considering different possibilities of what way you would be dying today.
David.
"David" you whisper, nothing. No response.
"David" you whisper a little louder.
"David, I don't know where it's taking me. Please don't tell me they eat-"
"Oh they do" he replies.
You jump in surprise, you hadn't expected to hear him from the no responses. He was still walking, obviously he didn't understand so didn't seem to care.
"David, where is he taking me?"
"Maybe you're a sacrifice" he chuckles.
"A sacrifice?" You gulp.
"David please come save me, I'll do-"
"It's too late y/n"
You feel some tears forming, this isn't how you wanted to go.
"It's surely not-"
"it is, my dear y/n...do you know why he and his crew-"
"Th-theres more? David pl-"
"Were here in the first place?"
"No...-" you say quietly.
"Well, the canisters are filled with a substance they created to destroy mankind. You see-"
You start blubbering, dropping limp over his back. You were doomed. You were so incredibly doomed. His tracks slow.
"They created humans, and it seems they realised the mistake they made" he sounded smug, pleased with himself. "David" you sob.
"yes yes, too late now though. goodbye dear y/n" he says cheerfully, shutting his radio off. You had to get out of here.