Chapter 22: Peace at last

He watches David, who was damaged and jittery against the wall, from the door as it closes shut again. When it shuts, he turns his attention to you. You shake your head at him slightly, holding your ribcage and pulling yourself a little back into the wall.

Footsteps echo the small hallway as he thuds his way to you, as he reaches you he kneels and lifts you up. A hand under your legs and one on your back. You hold his shoulders, confused. "You're safe now" he whispers deeply into your ear.
You pull away from him, looking up into his eyes.
"Thank you..." You say.
"There is no need to thank me" he says with a soft smile, holding your head to his shoulder as he walks to the control panel. You take in deep breaths, closing your eyes to relax.

He sits down in the chair in front of the control panel, his hand on your head moves to the control panel. You can feel him moving switches and pushing buttons. You gulp, burying your face in him. The first bit of peace in too long to count. You had no clue how much time had passed, 2 hours maybe?
The ship rises slowly from the ground, before bolting forward through the atmosphere as soon as it's above the surface.

He clicks and pushes a few more buttons and switches, then spins himself around on the chair before standing up, holding you to him tightly again. You open your eyes, looking around. He was carrying you to a huge bed, white sheets.
"Rest" he says as he lowers you down and tucks you in.
"But-"
He gives you a gentle look, you don't argue back.
"Rest well, y/n" you feel yourself going hot and red from him saying your name. He smiles at your reaction, patting your head before walking back to the control panel.

You sigh, looking at the cupboard above the bed. It was in the far right corner of the control room, in the wall of cupboards. They were just tall white panels, not a clue what was inside them. And then a bed, large enough that he couldn't dangle his feet off of it, was under some lower hanging cupboards. With a little square window beside it to look outside.
You turn over, looking through the window and getting your aching body settled. You Shut your eyes.

Before long, you had drifted to sleep.