Chapter 10: Eye to eye

You close your eyes, taking in the words he had spoken to you. Then inhaling deeply and opening your eyes, hurrying towards the staircase you had walked up. The light had moved a little. Halfway through the tunnel was lit, no longer as dark so no need for a torch. You hurry down, almost tripping at the bottom of the stairs. You stumble into the hallway.

Until.

A wide, tall figure casts a shadow in the light.
You stop in your tracks. You feel your heart stop. You gulp, turning around a little bit. You are met eye to eye with black lifeless eyes, cross like pupils darker than the rest of it's eye. You stare up into his angry eyes, your eyes as wide as they can be. You feel one last tear fall from your eye and down your cheek, then into your suit. You step back slowly, twisting your ankle. "ss-ah" you wince, bending down to hold it. Not moving your eyes from its. It's face turns to a deeper anger. Your chest rises and lowers faster than you can breathe, you stand up straight and hold a hand up.
You shake your head quickly.
"Get me my specimen" david commands. "He is going to-" he launched a hand forward, grabbing your throat tightly and throwing you down the hallway to the bottom of the staircase. Your back cracks against the bottom stair.

You cry out in pain, blinking slowly and watching as his speed towards you increases. With what strength you had left you turn over and raise your arms up to get him to halt.
"P-plea- I'm not -re to hurt you" you gasp for air.
When he reaches you he kneels down, curling his fingers around your neck once again. Your mouth and eyebrows tremble in fear. He doesn't show signs of moving.

Now you could have a proper look at him. He was huge. A titan. Huge and muscular, with a strong bone structured face. You couldn't see under his suit, of course, but his shoulders and head were muscular. You look across his face.
"The foetus" Davids radio crackles, he was very firm this time.
You swallow, air, and reach your hands up to attempt to push him off. Your two hands combined only curled around not even a little bit of his one hand. You blink back more tears.
"You ha- just put m- in a death trap" You choke, staring up at him with a face of worry. He pulls you forward a little and then pushes you back down onto the floor. You gasp for air, grabbing at his hands to let you go. His facial expression didn't change from anger, only deepened the more he looked at you.
You grimace as he leans his face closer to yours. You turn your head as far away from his and reach your hands up onto his face.

"Plea- go away" is all you could think to say. Your hand pushes at his chin and the other at his cheek.
As he looks you up and down he squints every few seconds, observing you.
"y/n" David slams his fist on the desk and grabs the radio.
"N-"
He lifts you up, holding you up high in the air. You kick your legs to wriggle free, choking more. He was still looking you up and down, then. You manage to kick him, in the chin.

Hard enough, that he drops you.