Chapter 8: Returned

"David, where now?" you look at the ground, all of the canisters reflect your torch.
"Turn the corner, to your left. There will be a walk and then an open door. It has a hallway that leads into a control room" he orders. "control room?" You ask, confused. You stop looking at the canisters and walk quickly to the left. The doorway was in view, it was dark through it and then bright at the end. In the control room. You walk, the ground crunches under your boots.
Something falls. The rooms echo with the sound of it dropping and bouncing across the floor.

"Is anything here? David?" You ask.
"What I need, is here" he says
"What is that?" You ask, reaching the hallway entrance. Tall suited statues stand guarding the walls of the hallway, up ahead, at the end of the hallway.
"You know..." He begins.
"When we came here, while you all remained-" you look up at the statues, unusual tusk-like mouths? And egg-like heads. They were very big. Beyond several feet tall. "All of us and Weyland-" you stop in your tracks.
"How? He's not here" you say, staring up and down the statue as you stand in front of it.
"Yes, but he was in a chamber. Waiting for this moment-" you keep walking.
"What moment?"
"That we could ask those who made us, to give us longer lives"
"What?" You stand still again.
"David is someone else here?" You stand tense and clench your body.
"David"
"No y/n don't be so silly, continue as I explain" he says warmly.
You nod to yourself quickly, walking ahead hesitantly.
You step into the light of the room, out of the small hallway. You take a step every few seconds. "Continue, David" you say quietly. Something drops behind you. You snap your head around to look at the direction it came off.
"And in the process, we had-"
You turn back around and look at the floor as you take deep breaths.
"Some...altercations" you slowly begin to step up the staircase. He pauses as you walk up them slowly as you take in your surroundings.
"And let's just say-" you reach the top of the stairs. 4 sleeping chambers were spread across the circular platform. A staircase on the opposite side. "-Not everyone returned" as he says that, you notice your crew. Lay on the ground.

Dead.
"Not everyone returned"