11

7 weeks later...

"mari you ready" keisha asked me. "yes" i smiled, putting my necklace with zay in the locket on. It was his death anniversary. i straightened my dress out, and made sure my hair looked good. "raylon is ur clothes on boo" i yelled out to him.

"yes ma" he yelled. "come here, let me see you" i yelled back. "allat yelling, yall just alike" keisha chuckled. "you know who gonna be here today" keisha asked me. "yeah" i sighed. It was gonna be arianna AND kyshon AND of course ashoni. i haven't spoke to ari in months and kyshon... his ass was just blocked. Me and ashoni not on good terms.  "this not about them though"

Raylon ran into the room, with his nintendo switch in hand. He wore his black amiri jeans, with a black and white armani collared shirt and his black and white alexander mcqueens. "i see you baby, looking fresh" i hyped him up. Ashoni took raylon to get an haircut yesterday too, which he had faded into a temper taper.

"you know the vibes ma... that's why i got so many bi- girls-" raylon started off before i interrupted him. "don't piss me off today raylon. watch yo mouth lil boy" i scolded him. "i do not know where he learn this language..."

"tt mar" mimi small voice said, as she walked inside my room. "yes baby" i asked her. " i get fwuit snacks" she asked. "go ahead baby, ray get her some out the pantry" i told him. "ard ma" he huffed walking out.

"he growing up" keshia cood. "well he boutta get a grown ass whoopen, he got too much attitude for me" i chuckle.

-

before i let go by beyoncé when we walked into the cookout. Zay and my family threw an cookout to honor his death every year. "hey uncle p" i side hugged him. Everyone was eating, had their paper plates out. Uncle Peanut was zay uncle.

Zay pictures was sat up around the yard. "look at you lookin' fresh lil man" uncle peanut said rubbing raylon head. "come on old man, you gonna mess my haircut up" he grumbled pushing uncle p hand off his head.

We walked over to zay mom, she was sitting down on a white chair. "hi momma" i cheesed hugging her. "hi my baby, look at you ray... getting so big baby" she laughed hugging raylon. "lookin' just like yo daddy" she said. "hi grandma" he said.

"ma can i go play now" he said looking over to where baby jay, tootie and the rest of his cousins were. "go ahead ray" he said. "how have you been momma" i said pulling a chair next to her. Raylon ran off to his cousins.

"i've been good. Zay has me set for life" she said smiling, although i seen a glint of sadness in her eyes. "i bet" i chuckle, zay left half to his mom and half to me and raylon. "what you been doing lately ma" i asked her.

"well i've been traveling, and i may have met me a man" she said dragging out man. "i know that's right momma" i laugh. "you better introduce us to him" i said. We talked for awhile longer.

"ima let you go baby, go catch up with the rest of the fam" she said, as a few older family members walk over to us. I greet them and walk to the table where keisha and her family sat. "i thought ari was coming" i said.

"i bet she'll be here" keisha said. i hummed sitting down. "wassup lil sis" nuski said walking over with 2 plates. "hey nuski" i said side hugging him. "where ash" he asked me. i shrugged, me and ash haven't been talking as much unless it came to raylon.

Apparently he got a girlfriend now, not that i gaf lol.

"look mari, there go arianna" she said and i looked over to where she was pointing. "why is she walking with kyshon" i ask. "they probably came in together" she shrugged. "i would like to hope so" i mumble with my eyebrows scrunched up noticing his arm wrapped around arianna waist.

i tuck my lips in to hold myself from saying anything. i look and keisha and keisha looks at me, we both the 'bitchhhhh' face with wide eyes. Keisha laughs a little picking up mimi who ran over to us. keisha gives that 'when' look and i shrug again. "oh my god, hey girl" arianna smiles walking up to me.

"hi" i say looking a her then looking at kyshon and back at her. "oh this" she asks looking at kyshon arm around her waist. "yeaaa this happened a few months ago" she cheesed. "a few months ago huh" i chuckle.

"ima go grab a plate" i told keisha walking away. I call ray over, "i know damn well you not running around in them shoes" i said when he came over. "no ma" he said and i look down at his shoes. "oh ma there go shoni" he said.

I look towards ashoni who also is with an girl. "who's that girl" he asked me. "i have no idea, you want some food" i asked changing the subject. "yea- yes" he quickly changed when i looked at him. "grab 2 plates" i told him.

"whatchu want pooh" i asked him. "macaroni, greens, chicken, string beans, cornbread, meatballs" he said pointing out the things. One thing about raylon, he can eat just like his beautiful momma. i put a little bit of everything on each of our plates.

"do you want me to carry it" i asked cause he clumsy. he nodded his head and we walked over to the table which now sat Diana, tootie mom, ash, the girl, ari, kai, keisha, nuski and the table next to them was the table all the children sat at. I walked to the kids table and sat ray plate down.

"damn i forgot, can you get me a water please" i asked raylon. He ran to the cooler grabbing a water for me and a sweet tea can for himself. "hey diana girl" i said side hugging her. i purposely ignored everyone else that just came.

"damn what happened to nymia" keisha asked being petty. Nuski nudged her then whispered something in her ear causing her to roll her eyes. I shake my head laughing a bit. i start eating. "you look so good girl" ariana complimented me.

"thanks" i say giving her a tight- lipped smile. "babe aren't you gonna introduce me" the girl sitting left to ashoni said. "uh y-" before ashoni started talking tootie dad walks over. "damn i feel mad tension over here" he chuckled pulling a chair next to diana. "hi husband" diana smile kissing him on the cheek.

Terrence, tootie father, was an older man around 37. Tootie was a jr. "hey wife" he said kissing her on the lips. "that's how we need to be" keisha pouted telling nuski. he rolled his eyes, smacking on his food. "stop chewing like a hooligan" she says smacking his arm softly.

"man please, where my daughter at" he asked with his mouth full. "she over there, are you blind joseph" she asked him pointing at the kids table that mimi went back to. "okay, seems like there's a lot of animosity, let's solve this right now" diana clasped her hands together. "who is this lady" ari asked, she still has that unfiltered mouth i see.
________________________________

okay i'm boutta start updating more again, im sorry for the inconsistency.

Also i didn't reread, excuse the mistakes.

Hope y'all enjoy.