14

RAMARI RANAE YOUNG

| grocery store |

i put my groceries on the belt. "shopping for the world huh" a guy behind me mumbled. "u can go get in another line" i scoffed.

"i'm staying where i'm at" he said. I didn't turn back to look at him, as i continued to put my stuff on the belt. "you got a boyfriend" he asked. I turned to look at him and contemplate whether or not he's cute enough.

i took in his features, he was brownskin, locs that went above his eyelids, tattoos that go from his arm to neck, and he was tall. "i look that good ma" he asked. i laughed a bit. "no but i have a son" i said answering his first question while putting the last item on the belt.

"you look young" he said. "i am young" i kept it short. He was cute but he wasn't allat to be in my business. "how old you is" he asked. "it's how old are you" i corrected him. "and that's rude to ask a woman"

"your total will be $276.57 ma'am, cash or credit" he asked. "credit" i said digging in my wallet to grab my card. i notice he had diapers and baby formula in his hand and shook my head.

I paid for my things. "you have a nice day" i told him putting my bags in the cart. He sat his stuff on the belt and helped me put my things in the cart. "what's yo name" he asked. "mari", "mari? i'm stunna it's nice ta meet you" he smirked. "forreal though, you are beautiful though you think i can get yo number" he asked.

he's a flirt...

he handed me his phone, and i typed my number in and saved it under mari. "i love yo hair" he said. "thank you"

"what, you just got it done" he asked. "no i actually just took my hair out, a liar i see" i laughed. I look at the cashier who's staring at us, eyeing us to get out his line. He was an elder white man.

"ima lock you in ma, ima hitchu later tho. you be safe" he smirked. I moseyed my way to my car blushing about the interaction... he was really cute and definitely a flirt.

i called raylon, "come outside and help me with the bags" i told him. He was there with keisha & baby jay. Me and keisha wasn't on bad terms, we had a sister like relationship so of course we got into arguments.

i pulled into the driveway and he came outside with baby jay and keisha to help bring in the bags.

"bitch guess what" i said to keisha as we sat at the dining room table talking amongst ourselves as the boys played upstairs. "what"

"i just met this fine ass nigga today" i smiled rethinking about it. "WHERE WHO" she cheesed. "at shoppers, but girl i think this man got a baby" i said. She pinched her brows together, "cause that man had diapers and baby powder" i said. "and you niggas have a emotional attachment to their babymamas and we don't even play like that over here" i continued.

"and don't" she co-signed. "we all need to forgive eachother so the gang can be back together" she said. "no forreal" i agreed. "i'm boutta call them" she said. i shrugged and got up to put some groceries away. "key, you think it'd be crazy if i hire a maid" i asked.

"hell if you got the money why the fuck not" she shrugged. "yea i'm getting on that today, but i don't want no one to make me and my son feel uncomfortable in our own home" i said and she agreed.

"you cooking today mari? let's make a big dinner and have everyone come over. it's time to make amends at this point. we been dragging this shit for no reason" she said and i agreed.

"i hope i got enough food cause i didn't expect to be making a lot of food" i said. "salmon, rice, shrimp & broccoli, and chicken and fries for the kids" i said. "okay, we might have to instacart though, i'll pay for the food" she said.

"half & half" i told her. "you just brought all those groceries mari, im paying and you shutting up" she said. "make a list of what you need"

"i'll make the meats and you make the sides" i said. I knew what i would need already and sent her a quick list I made. "oh my gosh key look he already calling" i squealed by accident. "bitch" she deadpanned. "i just got way to excited" i cleared my throat looking away embarrassed. "please" she bursted out laughing.

"i can't stand you, that's not funny" i laughed with her. "hurry answer the phone before it hangs up" she said. "right right" i quickly pressed the answer button. "wassup" he spoke first. "nothing, hey" i said awkwardly.

"bitch loosen up" she semi whispered. "you got me on speaker" he asked, i can somehow hear the smirk he has on his face. "ima get straight to the point stunna, you have a baby" i asked. it got quiet for a second, "yeah.. she's 1" he said.

"how old is your son" he asked. "he is 8" i said. I know he is surprised, considering i had him when i was young. "be forreal mari, how old are you" he asked.

"26 and you" i asked. "23" he said. "oh so you young young huh" i laughed. "hell nah, i still got it like that" he chuckled.

"foods on the way" keisha said. "where you from" he asked. "Atlanta what about you" i asked. "dc ma" he said. "i knew you had a accent, why you down here then" i asked sitting my phone on the counter so i could prep for the dinner.

"um cause my baby muva moved out here for a job, and she wasn't boutta take my baby with her without me" he said. "plus shit happens in dc" he mumbled. "i'm already knowing" i say.

"what you doin'" he asked. "just making dinner, i would invite you but we just met and i don't wanna introduce my son-" i start rambling. "i know mari youn gotta explain yourself to me" he chuckled cutting me off.

"right"

__________

stunna fc