17

3 months later ...

"hey baby" Keshawn said as he entered my office with a bunch of roses in his hand. "oh my gosh thank you" I said with a smile. I closed my office door behind him and replied, "I actually wanted to talk to you." "wassup ma" he asked. "i think im ready for you to meet raylon. He's not dumb, he know i'm with someone" i said.

"i get that, riley be hearin' you on the phone" he chuckled. I clasped my hands together, "okay well then it's settled, come over to my house tonight with riley" i said. "ard cool, i just gotta make sure my baby momma cool with it. you know somethin' wrong with her" he said. "that's fine, i understand the way she feel".

...

"ray u wanna meet my future man" i asked him. "ma you know you ain't got no future man" he sucked his teeth. "not too much raylon, you tryna say mommy gonna lonely all her life" i said taking a bite into my celery. he huffed ignoring me, "bad ass" i mumbled.

"oh yeah ma, baby jay finna come over" he said. "you askin' me or telling me ray" i asked with my brow raised. "asking, momma"

"i guess, but we got something to do tonight so he can't spend a night" i told him. He nodded running up the stairs. "ray don't spill them chips boy" i yelled up the steps.

i heard ashoni and his girlfriend broke up. Kyshon and his girl back together as always, and i don't even know what happened to ari. I heard they got into it and she went back to where she used to be.

I've been thinking about growing my business, and I'd like to turn it into a franchise rather than just individual locations. Not only that, but I still need to employ an assistant; I believe I've been overworking myself lately.

...

"ray come on, they here" i yelled up the stairs. "who here" he came running down. "my man and his daughter" i said. "oh yeah" he asked. He walked in front of me opening the door. "what you want nigga" he looked him up and down, standing not even half of keshawn height. i sucked my teeth pushing raylon out the way.

"go sit yo ass down raylon" i said. Keshawn had his daughter, riley, in his hands and hugged me with one arm. He chuckled at raylon's foolishness. raylon just stood there mugging keshawn. "stop playing with me" i gritted through my teeth. He laughed then fixed his face and sat down on the couch.

"i'm sorry about that, this is my son raylon" i said to keshawn. "yeah you talk about his all the time ma" he laughed. ",and you know this riley" he said sitting his daughter down to wobble around. "she's so stinking cute" i said. "hi pretty momma" i bent down and waved at her.

"marmar" her small voice asked. "Oh my god high 5, how you know my name" i laughed. "daddy" she pointed at keshawn. He stood there staring down at us while smiling. This man so fine yall.

"Raylon come over here" i motioned for him to come. "thought you said to sit down" he said. "you-" i cut myself off. "don't piss me off raylon. we was doing good today" i looked at him. He never has embarrassed me like this.

He huffed getting up with his arms crossed. "what" he asked. "what" i repeated him jerking my head back and staring at him in disbelief. "murrett we gonna be back" i told him grabbing raylon arm. and dragging him upstairs to his room.

"what's wrong with ray" i asked. "ma why you gotta be with him. i thought it was daddy atfirst, then it was ash now it's him" he asked. "raylon...." i said cause i didn't know what to say.

"yeah ma" he shook his head sitting on his bed. "okay but you've never acted like this with anyone else" i said. "ion want no sibling, especially if they ain't blood. I don't know dis man ma" he said. "duh ray, this why you meeting them today" i sighed.

He didn't say nothing. "you ready to act like you got some sense" i asked him. He hesitatingly nodded his head. "ard ray, come on" i said.

...

"let's try this again" i said. "i'm raylon" he said with an attitude and i gave him that look. "wassup lil man" keshawn said trying to dap him up. "this riley" he said to raylon. Raylon just looked at her. "can i go upstairs now" he asked.

I'm not gonna force him to be with us. "go ahead raylon. Put that playstation and ipad in my room and go to sleep" i said. He went upstairs stomping. "he usually don't act like this forreal, i don't know what's wrong with him" i said to keshawn.

"it's cool mari, i understand" he said. "let's just order food my mood a lil ruined" i admitted.

_______________________

k it's not discontinued but it's gonna be slow updates😕