Christmas at the Creepypasta Mansion

Anonymous asked:

Hey! Could I request an angst turned to comfort scenario, where the reader is really excited for Christmas and has bought everyone presents and things, but nobody told them that they don't really celebrate it. The reader gets really upset but tries to hide it, Christmas having always been special to them. The creeps comforting them and making up for it somehow. I'm sorry if this is too long or specific, feel free to completely ignore this! <3

NO YOURE ONTO SOMETHING... i absolutely love this request so much you have no idea. it is september and i am already in the holiday spirit thanks to you. godspeed anon.

i listened to last christmas (by wham!) and do they know it's christmas? (by band aid) while writing this... they are my absolute favorite christmas songs in the history of ever.

i consider christmas to be a holiday for everyone, and in my life i try to separate it from its religious roots and instead try to associate it with spending time with family and friends and giving gifts to my loved ones. i hope all of my non-catholic readers out there can enjoy this regardless of their religious affiliations (or lack thereof) or what holidays they celebrate! i hope you enjoy reading.

this is around 2k words. i'm not sure if i hate it or not. kind of jeff centric, but not in an xreader way, ya feel? also, can you tell that i'm horrible at writing angst?

––––––––

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring... with the exception of [Y/N].While the other Creeps had retired to their rooms for the night (which [Y/N] couldn't even fathom; how could someone sleep peacefully on Christmas Eve, of all days?), [Y/N] had been busy nailing garland to the wall, hanging up wreaths and stockings (each monogrammed with a Creep's name, since [Y/N] would settle for no less), and decorating the fir tree they'd gone out of their way to chop down themself. It was Christmas, goddamnit, and they had to at least have some use for all of those decorations they'd stolen from the attics of their victims.

Christmas, and the holiday season in general, always held a special place in [Y/N]'s heart. They'd grown up with promises of gifts from Santa Claus if they behaved throughout the year, and they absolutely adored walking through department stores with the sole purpose of ogling at all of the decorations and gifts. Even as they'd gotten older "and taken a bit of an... unorthodox path in life, [Y/N] still couldn't shake the holiday spirit. Not that they had any desire to do that, of course.

They sighed in relief as they struck a match and lit the fireplace. It was nearing three in the morning, and despite all of the caffeine they'd consumed in order to stay up and moving, [Y/N] was exhausted. All they could really think about was how relieved they were that they had everything gift wrapped in stores instead of just doing it themself. And how pleasantly surprised everyone would be in the morning, of course.

Yawning, [Y/N] practically collapsed onto the couch. They were definitely out of it, too out of it to notice the noise of the stairs creaking. The crackling of the fireplace did a decent job of masking it, anyway.

"Dude... what the hell is all this shit?" Jeff said groggily, standing on the carpet like a deer in headlights. Scoping out the unusually decked-out living room, he caught sight of [Y/N], dozing on the couch with a Santa hat on their head like an idiot.

[Y/N] shot up like a bullet, their tired expression mirroring Jeff's. "It's like... Christmas stuff...?" They half-slurred, grinning cheerily despite the serial murderer looking like he'd swallowed something sour.