Tim with an Awkward/Toby-Like S/O Headcanons

Anonymous asked: ok uhh nsvdnsbdms Tim with an awkward annoying s/o pls

hi anon! i'm assuming you want headcanons, so that's the route i took with this. if you wanted something different please don't hesitate to let me know! this is written under the assumption that the reader is a proxy.

okay! i hope you enjoy :]

––––––––

Tim didn't really know how to feel about you at first because in his eyes you had (and still have) Toby energy, except you're much less malicious than Toby can be. He still found you irritating, though.Of course, being a proxy meant that you needed to spend a lot of time with your colleagues, if you can even call them that. So Tim had to spend a lot of time with you, even if he didn't really want to.Since he was around you so much, it didn't really take Tim long to realize that you weren't obnoxious just to be a pain in the ass; you just didn't really handle talking to people well. He was more understanding after he figured that out.After a while, you kind of grew on him, even if your quips were poorly timed and you were a bit bad at handling other peoples' emotions. And as much as he didn't want to admit it to himself, whenever he found himself on solo missions or trips that you weren't needed on, he missed you.Tim is horrible at expressing his emotions, so you were the one that confessed. It was probably scarier for him than it was for you, though. Poor guy started talking gibberish and you had to get Brian to make sure he wasn't having a stroke. Romantic, no?Your relationship is... a mess. In a good way, though. It started out kind of stressful because neither one of you are good at communicating, and sometimes you could be a straight-up brat. Once you two learned how to trust each other enough, you found it a lot easier to say what you felt without a filter.As clingy as you might be, you aren't physically clingy, and neither is Tim. This doesn't mean you don't laze around in each other's arms whenever you're alone together; it's just not your default way of expressing affection.Your love language is definitely "tolerating each other". You could be as obnoxious as you wanted around Tim, and he'd just laugh and respond to you sarcastically. He'd tell anyone else to shut up, so whenever he banters with you that means he's beyond comfortable.You don't know how to help other people with their emotions and Tim doesn't know how to express them. This led into you doing things that you knew Tim enjoyed whenever he was upset; you might not know how to comfort him, but you knew how to cheer him up. Your efforts never fail to make him happier, because he knows you're trying and that it's your way of saying that you love him.In this relationship, expect a lot of awkward (yet affectionate) kisses, hand-holding, playfully rude banter, and quiet nights sitting out watching the sky and smoking.