How the Creeps React to a Newbie

BG anon asked: Hi hi!! I came across your blog not too long ago and absolutely fell in love with your mansion hcs and creeps rooms hcs! Could I request some hcs of the reader having just joined the mansion, like how would different creeps react to them, who would hang out with them etc if thats not too much? Thanks, love you! -BG anon 🌸

hello bg anon!! thank u so much, im so glad you like my hcs even though they can be kind of incoherent. this is gonna be formatted kind of differently than my usual bullet point hcs, so i hope that you dont mind that too much!! i have a lot of ideas for this concept omg.. okay, i hope you enjoy these!!

––––––––

Generally, the Creeps are all gonna be a bit hesitant to accept a newcomer. Additions to the Slender Mansion are super rare; Slender has tons of proxies and connections, but only the people that he trusts the most are allowed into the mansion despite it being a sort of safe haven. Everyone is going to be a bit put off by you joining the ragtag crew that lives there, but their reactions are all different.

Nina is the most outgoing of the group living in the mansion, so she's bound to be one of the first people to talk to you. She's also probably going to be the first person that's nice to you. Nina is a people person, and she has a lot to say, so even if you're pretty quiet she talks enough for the both of you! She's also the person that will show you around and introduce you to everyone, even if the rest of her housemates aren't particularly happy about it.

LJ would also be pretty quick to speak to you if he's even present at the mansion when you arrive. Yes, the cliche candy offer is something he does in my book. If you take it, you'll probably end up in the infirmary with EJ. This is probably one of the best ways to get to talking with EJ since it's kind of hard to catch him and he isn't much for conversation anyway. If you don't take the candy, then don't worry about that, because there are more ways to meet EJ than getting really sick.

Nina would most definitely introduce you to Jane and Clockwork, while simultaneously inviting you along to some sort of hangout, whether it be a sleepover or a killing spree (though Jane would be hesitant to participate in the latter). Natalie is relatively easygoing, so she'd be quick to start a conversation with you about whatever interests the two of you might share. She's kind of a jack of all trades in my mind, so if you have a hobby then she's probably at least tried it once. Jane is a little harder to talk to. She's a colder person and she isn't quick to trust, but if you end up befriending Nina and Natalie then she starts to warm up to you.

Jane is also good friends with EJ, so if you catch the two having a conversation and are comfortable enough to try to worm your way in, you've earned yourself an additional acquaintance.

Toby is the type to pull some sort of sadistic prank on you on your first night at the mansion. If you react with anger or disgust (depending on what he does), then he'll continue to prank the living shit out of you and try to make your life a living hell until you report to Slenderman about it. Doing that basically guarantees you're on Toby's shit list, even if he can't do anything about it because Slender would kill him, and even if it was kind of his own fault that he ended up getting in trouble. If you're chill about the prank then yeah, Toby will end up with at least some interest in you. He'd probably tell BEN and Jeff about it, and maybe he'd even invite you to hang out with the trio (much to the chagrin of Jane).

The aforementioned pair of idiots were more likely than not gaming on the couch when you entered the mansion and probably didn't pay much attention to your introduction, but that was also probably because Nina was the one doing it. If you do end up hanging out with Jeff and BEN (either through Toby or through being paired up with them for a mission or for chores), you'll have to prove you're worthy of being graced by the presence of the famous Jeff the Killer and his best bud BEN_Drowned. This would either be through video games or through some other form of a challenge, so pick your poison!

Brian is a very easy person to talk to. You probably ended up meeting him in the kitchen or something, I can see him hanging out at the counter with a book in his hand or something. He might have sparked a conversation with a joke, maybe about whatever prank Toby managed to pull on you, and it's just so easy to be friends with the dude. He gets along with mostly everyone, and it's very rare that he meets someone he doesn't like, so yeah. He's probably one of the nicest people in the mansion.

Befriending Tim is a bit of a harder task. Tim is most definitely put in charge of giving you a legitimate tour of the mansion (Nina can't really be trusted), but if he finds you obnoxious or annoying he will not like you. Even Jane calls him a tightass, and she's another person that has zero patience for bullshit. If you do end up managing to get on his good side, congratulations! Please tell me how the fuck you managed to do that! It's especially surprising if you've gotten close with Toby & company because Tim has no tolerance for that type of behavior.

Liu is a very introverted person, so he's a bit hard to get around to talking to. Conversations with people he doesn't know tend to make him anxious, so you'll probably need to butt in when he's talking to Natalie, Jane, or EJ. Once you get into that conversation and he finds that he's comfortable around you, there is no stopping him from talking. It's definitely refreshing to have a relatively normal conversation about books he's read or the plants that he's taking care of compared to the chaos of the rest of the mansion.

Helen is probably one of the hardest people to get close to. He only really talks to Liu, and that's when he isn't off somewhere drawing or painting. Nina didn't even get to introduce you to each other because he wasn't anywhere to be found. You'd probably have to end up talking to him yourself. It's not that conversation makes him uncomfortable, he just finds everyone annoying at the beginning. If you bug him enough he'll definitely warm up to you, since he's the type that waits for people to come to him, even if he wants to pretend he hates everyone.