𝗪𝗛𝗢'𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘

"There go the police man knocking at my door"

Takeomi's heart rate increased slightly as he heard the sound of knocking at his front door.

For the past few weeks, the nearly thirty year-old man had been concerned whenever he'd receive a call or a knock at the door.

He contemplated for a moment on what to do as he looked to the table where his wallet sat.

The thought of pretending like he knew nothing of what was going on crossed his mind as he thought of the girl.

He peered out of the peephole, only to see nothing as the light outside was busted.

Takeomi took his slightly trembling hand to the doorknob, pulling his coat closer to his body. As he twisted the knob, his phone buzzed, most likely a text from the girl he recently video called.

He pulled the door open, finding the outside of his apartment and the rest of corridor empty.

He laughed to himself a bit as he figured for the 3rd time that week that there was no one at the door.

He picked up his phone, looking at the last notification he received. His second hunch was correct; the girl he had just video called was texting him, worried about why he hung up so abruptly.

What was it?

It was nobody, I'm just a little paranoid.

He sent the text finally, after staring at it for a few moments.

He exhaled deeply before heading to his room.

"This girl is going to be the death of me."