(20) our milestone

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

S I C H E N G

The day of our defense came we were ready, though nervous at the same time. Naghihintay na lang kami na matapos ang naunang dalawang proponents bago kami. Nakaupo kami sa labas ng defense room ni Aiya. She's pressured I can tell.

"Nervous?" I reached out to hold her hands.

"Yeah." Aiya nodded. I can hear her heavy breathings.

"Don't be, we can do this. We memorized every part of our book."

"I know, I just wish hindi ako ma-mental block mamaya."

"We'll be fine babe. Kapag na-mental block ka, take a glance at your script. You can do it."

"I hope so..."

"Don't hope for it, aim for it. I know you can do it babe. You are a fighter." hinawakan ko ang dalawang kamay niya. I gently pulled her hands and kissed both of its knuckles. "You're with me okay? We'll work on this together."

"Thank you babe. You really motivated me this time." Aiya let out a giggle.

"Of course babe."

"Well... you're right! I'm a fighter like you said. I can do this!" Aiya heave out a deep breath.

I smiled, as I was placing my hands on her neck. "That's my girl." I kissed her nose. "Let's ace this!"

"Next proponent, Mr. Dong Sicheng and Ms. Chan Aiya." That's when we realized na kakalabas lang ng mga previous proponents at kami na ang susunod.

"Let's go." I offered my hands for Aiya to hold, which she did.

"Yeah... good luck to us." Aiya smiled.

"Let's ace this." I gave a quick kiss on her forehead before we entered the defense room.

There are five sets of panelists seated in front of the long table, while we were setting up everything before we start. Nakahanda na yung presentation namin, as well as the books given to each panels, and of course our own script.

"Good morning Mr. Dong and Ms. Chan. I am Architect Yu, the head committee of the panelists, and these are my fellow panelists, Ar. Tan and Ar. Hua from the School of Arts, Ar. Riu from the Institute of Visual Arts and Ar. Song which is my fellow faculty."

"Good morning panelists." bati namin ni Aiya.

"A Multi-modal Terminal and skyway routes to eliminate to traffic congestion with the approach of Sustainability to reduce pollution. This is the title of your proposals right?" tanong ni Architect Yu.

"Yes architect."

"Well, let's get started now!"

"Alright architects."

We showed our video presentation for the mean time and let them watch, habang kinakabisado namin yung project namin ni Aiya, para in case na may itatanong sila, masasagot namin agad. Mastery of the proposal is what's important in the defense.

"Okay... so, for your project. Don't you think it's way too complicated to put up a skyway for the city? No offense but even skyways won't help it since it would charge a fee for vehicles that passes by it." unang tanong mula kay Architect Tan, para na kaming ginigisa.

"Actually yes architect, it's very complicated to construct since it requires years and years to finish, however skyway can be a possible solution to minimize traffic." si Aiya na mismo ang sumagot.

The following question was given by Architect Hua. "So, why did you came up with a solution of a multimodal terminal aside from the skyways? In what way will it help to ease the traffic"