chapter 18

"are you serious!?" hyunjin is the first to respond, felix nods.

"wait, what about your company?" chan asks.

"my mom understood"

"so... is this really happening? guys should we do it?" jisung looks at them.

"sounds good to me" seungmin says.

"me too" jeongin says.

"I'm in!" jisung says, and looks at minho to make sure he says yes too.

"yeah I'm in too" minho says.

"duh" hyunjin says and felix chuckles.

"yeah okay" changbin says.

they were now just waiting for the leaders' answer.

"okay" they all smile. "but on one condition" they look at him in confusion.

...

"lee taechang what the hell are you doing here!?"

"nancy, it's been a while"

"cut the crap, I asked you a question why are you here!?"

"can't I see my family?"

"no you cannot! I swear if you even go anywhere near felix I will indeed do something about it, something bad"

"you still keep in touch with him? psh" he crosses his arms.

"those words you said to him years ago affected him deeply, he wasn't able to make any friends in school... he was an outsider... he felt miserable about himself... all because of a few words from his own father... but they also made him stronger because now he has friends... he has a successful life... he's happy"

"really?" she nods.

"hm well... I wouldn't be gone in the states forever you know"

"I wish, just go back and leave me and my son alone"

"your son!? he's my son too"

"bullshit! you wouldn't say those bad things to your son if you really cared about him! get the hell out of my house!"

"this is MY house too!"

"you haven't been here for 4 years! it's not your house anymore! JUST GET OUT"

"GO TO HELL NANCY"

"I'LL SEE YOU THERE!"

...

"you have to be my boyfriend" they all gasp except for felix.

"wait we all knew that was coming" jisung says and they all nod.

"I was waiting for you to finally ask me that" felix smiles, and chan looks at him. "yes"

they both exchange smiles, then chan gets closer to him and finally kisses him after 2 years of separation.

cheers come from the others as they pull away and exchange smiles again.

"I missed you" chan says.

"I missed you too"

"I missed you more"

"not possible"

"but it is" chan wraps his arms around him as felix chuckles.

"uh hello we're still here" hyunjin says and changbin hits him.

"let them have their moment, they've been apart for so long" changbin says and hyunjin just nods as the two of them just keep going at their moment.

"so... what now?" chan asks.

"well I think we should announce to the world that stray kids has a new member" felix says and chan smiles.

"actually about that, come here" chan grabs his hand and goes outside to the limo so he can take something out from his backpack.

"I got this for you a long time ago, when you were still in seoul... I didn't give it to you because I didn't know if you would like it" he hands it to felix who opens it with a smile.

it's a camera, but it was a polaroid one.

"when we took those pictures of us, it made me want more with you, so I figured with this, we could do that"

"I love it!" felix hugs him, chan hugs him back and smiles.

"what does this have to do with announcing stray kids has a new member though?" felix pulls away and looks at chan.

"because I don't want you joining us" felix looks at him in confusion now.

"what?"

"I want you to be who you were when you first came to us, I want you to be our photographer"

—————————————————