chapter 20

"come on felix pick up!" felix's mom nancy sighs loudly in anger that her son won't answer the phone.

she keeps dialing, but still no answer, just constant ringing.

she gives up eventually and puts her phone down to sigh heavily with her hands dug into her face.

her phone rings again, she picks it up right away.

"felix!?"

"mom what's going on? why did you call me so many times?"

"it's about time you answered!"

"just tell me what's going on!"

"okay okay... your dad... he's back" she could hear the shock by his gasp and that he isn't responding.

"I want you to know that whatever he tells you if he finds you is not true at all, you're not a burden, you're not a nothing, you're much more than what he says" when felix hangs up she drops her phone and she starts crying from her ex husband's shenanigans.

...

felix curls up on the bed and the memories come back to him of his dad.

all the bad things that he's done and said to him, every single thing stuck in his head.

chan comes back in after rehearsing with the others, to see felix in the position. he closes the door and sits next to him.

"what happened?" chan asks.

"my dad..."

"what about him?"

"do you remember when I wrote down the pros and cons list for becoming a stray kids member?" chan nods. "I wrote that I would be a burden... it's because of him... I've always looked down on myself because of him"

"I don't want you looking down on yourself okay?" he wraps his arms around him. "there's nothing about you that would even be considered to look down on"

felix starts crying, while chan just keeps him in his arms, letting him cry.

"let it out okay? it's better to do that than to keep it in, even though I hate seeing you cry"

"I'm not crying because I'm sad, I'm crying because of the words you said" felix looks at him.

"why? what did I say?"

"because you give me nothing but compliments, and it just makes me so happy" they both exchange smiles.

"well I love you so I can't help it" felix's smile fades after hearing chan say the L word.

"what... what... did you say?"

"I said that... I love you" felix just looks into his eyes without doing anything else.

it's just silence between the two of them as chan awaits to see if felix feels the same way.

"I love you too" they both exchange smiles then close the gap between them to share a kiss, but of course it gets interrupted by the others barging in.

"it's about time!" hyunjin is the first to speak.

——————————————————