Getting Answers

~Jazmine's P.O.V.~

I wake up and feel another person laying next to me. I feel the mate tingles and think it's James. I move to the other side of the room, waking him up in the process. Taking one look at him I know for sure he isn't James.

The memories from last night come back to me and I begin to wonder why I feel the mate bond. "Jade why do I feel the mate bond? I thought James was our mate." She sighs and says,"James is our mate, but he is out soulmate." I am really confused so I ask,"Is there even a difference?" She gets irritated and says,"Of course there is. Now go over there and fix what you did to him."

Not knowing what she is talking about I look up at him and see that he looks hurt. I walk over to him and ask,"What's wrong?" He looks like he is fighting back tears and says,"You don't want me?" It was a statement but came out like a question.

I realize he thinks I don't want him because I moved away from him earlier. I shake my head and say,"That's not true. I thought you were my other mate James." His face turns from sad to angry and he growls,"What do you mean other mate?" His eyes are black now and I know his wolf has taken over. I move away from him suddenly afraid.

Jade takes over and says,"STOP IT!!!! You are scaring my human and your mate. Let her explain her side of the story before you get angry." When I gain control I realize his wolf submitted to Jade. He looks at me in awe,shock,love, but mostly regret.

What does he regret?

After a few minutes he breaks the silence and says,"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. It's just you said other mate and I lost it. I was afraid you were going to reject me for him." I understand his fear because it was my greatest fear and yesterday it came true. I answer and say,"It's ok. I understand your fear. My other mate rejected me yesterday, then he banished me. That's why I was in your territory. I didn't realize I crossed the border. Once I had I wanted to talk to the alpha to see if I could stay here for a while."

He nods his head and says,"If that's why you are here then I am glad he rejected you. If it weren't for him we wouldn't be standing here right now." I nod and say,"Maybe you're right. Can I ask you something?" He nods and says,"Anything my love."

~Nick's P.O.V.~

When her wolf took over and told me I was scaring my mate, my wolf and I wanted to make things right. Her voice was so powerful that it made my wolf submit to her. I'm an Alpha, nobody should be able to make me submit.

I grow curious and was going to ask until my wolf, Nate, screamed,"Who gives a shit? Our mate is standing across from us afraid of us and all you can think about is the fact that her voice made us submit. Go to her and make it better before it's too late." I forget all about her voice making me submit, and focus on her fear of me. I don't know how but deep down I know that my mate is different and special. Knowing that only makes me want to love her more and protect her with my life.

~Jazmine's P.O.V.~

He looks at me intently and I completely forget what I was going to ask him. I shake my head and gather my thought enough to say, "What's your name? How old are you? What is the name of your pack? What is the difference between a mate and a soulmate?"

He chuckles and says,"One at a time please. My name is Nicholas, or Nick, for short. I am eighteen. Our pack is called The Eclipse Pack. I don't know the answer to your last question, but in my office there are some really old books with werewolf history in them. You are more than welcome to read them. But before you go I also have some questions for you."

I nod and say," That seems fair enough. Ask me anything." He asks," What's your name? How old are you? What was the name of your old pack. Why are you so skinny and bruised? Why do you want to know the difference between a mate and a soulmate?" I ask Jade," What should I do? Should I lie? Can we trust him with our secrets?" She thinks about it and says," I trust him and so should you. He is or soulmate Jaz tell him everything."