The Truth Shall Set You Free

Poor Nick everybody hates him now. Some have even suggested violent action. Even James didn't get such harsh words and suggestions. People don't hate him, just strongly dislike him. OK enough talking back to the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jazmine's p.o.v.

Blinded by rage I run without really paying attention to where I'm going. Or how fast I was running because all too soon I was back where I swore I would never go. I was back at my old pack. I was heading towards my only safe haven, my cave. I haven't been here in what feels like forever. I've had so many memories here. "It's where you first shifted. It's where we met." I smile and say, "That's right Jade, but why are we here." She sighs, "This is where you first shifted, it's only right that you complete your transformation here." "Jade what transformation? I thought I already finished my transformation when I shifted." "Sorry Jazmine that was only the beginning. This transformation will be extremely painful, ten times worse than your first shift. Nick was supposed to be here to help you through it, but plans have changed." "Jade I'm scared." "Don't be scared sweetheart. I'm here just like I've always been. No matter what happens I'm gonna be here with you every step of the way." "OK Jade I trust you. I always have and I always will." "Thank you for trusting me. I know it wasn't easy for you to open up to me the way you did." "It wasn't, but I'm glad that I did." "I am too Jazmine. The transformation will be starting shortly. Are you ready?" "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess."

Jade's p.o.v.

She said she was ready. Little did she know that this wasn't the end of our journey. It was only the beginning. She doesn't fully understand why we are so different. I have know for many centuries that this day would come. I just hope that when this is over we will find true happiness. With someone that genuinely loves us, not someone that loves our title. We have a duty to our people to restore balance to our nation.

Jazmine's p.o.v.

Jade was right, the pain was much worse than my first shift. It felt like every bone in my body was being crushed slowly. My mark and eyes began to glow the vibrant colors of the rainbow. My body began to rise and tingle, but not the good kind of tingles. They were the kind of tingles that made my body burn. After several minutes of agonizing pain, I finally let the darkness take me. My last thought before fully succumbing to the darkness was, "Jade I hope you were right about this."