𝟐

🎶 Playlist 🎶

Zach Webb - Found

🎶

• • •

𝟐

• • •

[19th June, 2006]

• • •

THIS MORNING COULDN'T GET any worse.

Kicking the flat tyre in a burst of irritation, Jodha wondered when her streak of bad luck would finally end.

Already late for her first day as a teacher at Forks Elementary, she grappled with the fact that she needed to sort out an action plan. But first, she needed to call the school and explain her situation.

Five minutes later, Jodha realized with a sinking feeling that her father hadn't placed a spare in her trunk, nor did he store the car mount, so there was no way she could change the tyre herself and be on her way.

Not that her pristine white blouse and black pencil skirt were suitable for manual labour but she'd been through worse things.

Walking the endless miles back to her house was senseless in itself and panic shot through her nerves at the thought of being late on her first day.

Way to make an impression.

Calling a tow was a viable option and she'd have to pray that Forks had at least one driver on Uber to help her get to where she needed to be.

With an urgency, she researched the nearest tow and dialled up their number - leaning on the trunk of her car as she gave a wary glance at her surroundings.

Being stranded in a meandering road bordered by lush woodland could be nice if she knew more about the place she and her father migrated to a week or so ago. After the grief of her mother's demise, her appreciation for life was sobering and by no means was she ready to meet her end. Especially in a foreign country.

"Great, just great."

Nevertheless, the place was gorgeous and the dull, cool weather was a welcome change to the blistering Caribbean heat of her home country. Homesickness had no place in her psyche or stomach and Jodha was eager to start this new chapter in her life.

Ten minutes later, she damned it all to hell when the tow service didn't pick up. A chill snaked up her spine, causing her chest to constrict in untold fear and panic.

She had no idea what to do or how she'd get to work now. The best thing, at this point, was to lock up the car, call the Uber and sort out something later.

Before she could open up the Uber app, the gentle hum of an approaching vehicle made her heart jump in hope. She stepped further out onto the road and waved until it slowed to a stop.