𝟏𝟎

🎶 Playlist 🎶

Kaho Na Pyar Hai Movie Soundtrack

-

Na Tum Jaano Na Hum
(sung by Lucky Ali)

• • •

𝟏𝟎

• • •

[5th July, 2006]

• • •

CARLISLE GLANCED WARILY FROM his son to his future daughter-in-law, lacing his fingers that steepled against his lips as he surveyed the pair in calm expectation.

Judging from the discomfort on Edward's face, it was safe to say that Bella insisted on having this meeting with Carlisle and he wanted to ensure he assisted them with whatever they needed. However, neither of the pair had been able to open up about the issue that plagued them.

He sighed, opening a desk drawer before pulling out a stack of parchment. "Both of you, I would love to help but I'm not the telepath here. If I cannot help you then I have some research I need to do."

Bella sat up straighter, rolling her eyes when Edward leaned further back into the chair. "That's...what we came here for."

"What she came here for," Edward pointed out.

Carlisle raised a brow, neatly replacing the stack in the drawer. "Oh? Enlighten me then." He couldn't dampen the nagging suspicion that he was about to assume the temporary role of a therapist. Edward snorted at that.

The flush in Bella's cheeks confirmed such and with a final questioning look in Edward's direction, he paid attention when the girl spoke.

Bella cleared her throat. "Is...is it possible for Edward and I to be physically intimate?"

Nodding slowly, Carlisle understood what she was asking but he struggled with his surprise and the need to keep himself in doctor mode. "Do you mean...without penetration?"

Bella's cheeks further darkened as she nodded, unable to look him straight in the eye. He almost chuckled. This should be interesting.

"Don't be ashamed, Isabella. It is a perfectly fair question and reasonable expectation from your partner." He gave Edward a pointed look before continuing. "I see no reason to abstain from physical intimacy during your period of engagement." Ignoring Edward's look of shock, he continued. "Bella, there is always a risk, but once you are willing to communicate then there should be no problems. In fact, it is very normal for couples to want to become more...acquainted with each other's bodies before consummation."

"Are you kidding me, Carlisle?" Edward scoffed, jumping to his feet. "Kissing is a feat in itself. So many things could go wrong. One bad move and I could literally kill her."

"Yes, a level of restraint will be required until you can trust yourself enough, son."

Bella shook her head, closing her eyes for a brief moment before meeting Edward's eyes. "I'm willing to do anything. I'll even tell him to stop if I feel like I'm uncomfortable or in danger."