𝟕

🎶 Playlist 🎶

FM-84 (ft. Ollie Wride)

Don't Wanna Change Your Mind

🎶

𝟕

•  •  •

[23rd June, 2006]

•  •  •

ENCASED BENEATH A BLANKET of glittering stars seemed surreal, but Jodha's focus remained on the breathtaking man lying beside her.

Sensing the distressed atmosphere at home, Carlisle was ready to take them both out to help clear their minds. Jodha was ready to cancel their date until she felt she could get over her shame to face the man again, but her father apologized for overreacting and insisted they have their night out.

She didn't want to leave her Dad, knowing he'd keep mulling over what went on behind his back while her mother was alive but she also couldn't disobey him.

Which was why Carlisle and Jodha were currently lying on the bonnet of his Mercedes, admiring the nightscape. Before bringing her here, he'd bought a large portion of a delicious chili shrimp pasta that they shared, though she noticed he barely had much of a bite. Then again, his first taste of the unbelievably spicy dish made him launch into a minor coughing fit. His reaction to the food must have turned him off even if he did struggle with a few more bites while they chatted, leaving her to polish off the entire thing.

Stress eating never tasted so good.

A stupendous start to the list of embarrassing things she'd done — and will do — in front of Carlisle Cullen.

The air was cool but not windy, the sky dotted with an endless expanse of dusty, twinkling silver and a luminescent moon — majestic from the vantage point of the cliff overlook where they parked. At the rocky base, inky waters rippled to the shore in a low rolling tide upon which the moon's reflection shimmered.

It was clichè. It was romantic.

It was so enchanting.

Just like him.

His lips quirked in a side smile, a hint of teeth showing before his tawny gaze stole her attention.

"Penny for them, sweetheart?"

As if she'd burden him with that, even if his dreamy voice enticed her to. The amount of issues this man had already taken upon himself without even knowing much about her — she wanted to hide away, unable to comprehend how she could still face him. His mellifluous voice, soft and serene, was strong with that mixed accent and that was when she finally realized.

"You're from England, aren't you?"

He blinked at her, his relaxed expression morphing to incredulity. "Yes, I am. How did you know?"

She smiled, turning on her side and propping herself on her elbow to better face him — the sun visor spread on the windshield beneath them allowing for a comfy position. He shifted his upper body towards her slightly but otherwise, remained on his back, eyes never leaving her.