𝟑

🎶 Playlist 🎶

Poncho - Lady Friend

🎶

• • •

𝟑

• • •

[19th June, 2006]

• • •

HE'D HAVE DONE ANYTHING to extend the brief time he had with her. No matter how ridiculous his reasonings sounded, he wanted his beautiful mate by his side - and he would've done anything to make it happen.

Which included convincing her to leave her car at the repair shop under the pretext of getting her to reach her job on time.

"I don't think they'll get around to your car anytime soon, dear." Luckily, the shop had enough customers for that statement to ring true. A cacophony of drills and scantily-clad young men with grime on their hands and faces - walking around as they tried to find out what each customer wanted. Even luckier, when it was Jodha's turn to specify her problem, the guy informed her that it would be a while before they could get to her. The other cars had much more immediate problems to be taken care of.

"It's just a stupid tyre. How long does that take to change? Jeez!" She scoffed, glaring at the men who looked at her appreciatively - eliciting a low, possessive growl from his chest.

"Can you blame them? Some other repair jobs are worth more than a tyre change." He gestured to the cashier's window, his other hand ghosting over the small of her back. The urge to lay down some sense of ownership over her - to declare her his before those freely, openly, ogling her beauty - swarmed him. "Come, let's get your bill settled. I'll drive you back to collect during your lunch break."

"Actually," she spoke up, shooting him a nervous smile, "I can run away from Forks Elementary during the first recess. If you'll be available, that is."

His eyebrows shot up, astonished that this chit of a girl was already a teacher. She couldn't have been older than twenty-five.

Nevertheless, pride was a sin and the amount of it he felt for her achievements was remarkable in itself. This was the power of mates, of two about to become one.

"For you, Ms. Absalom, I will make time."

The sparkle in her earthy brown gaze would've had his palms clammy and heart pounding were he human - instead, he drowned in the innocence and purity he saw within. A dying man - or dead, in his case - who'd just found his nirvana, those eyes could compel a man to commit murder. He knew he'd be lost within those bewitching depths forever.

Her smile widened. "That's very sweet of you, Doctor. I definitely owe you more than one."

He took note of her every feature - exquisite, even in their imperfections. Her glowing cheeks, ripe with the flush of her blood, the scent of which resembled a bouquet of lilies, of lavender and the sweetness of freshly cut grass. Surrounding him, pulling him under its mouthwatering force...yet it didn't tempt him to drain her body dry. Not quite, at least.

Her scent comforted him almost, enveloping him like a security blanket, warding off the feeling that he didn't deserve to be this close to her.

Didn't deserve to be her mate.