𝟔

Bollywood-esque drama incoming. Be warned.

Also, if you haven't figured it out already...

I hope you like long, detailed stories because this is one of them. I'll be taking my sweet time.

Enjoy!

• • •

🎶 Playlist 🎶

Shershaah Movie (Soundtrack)

-

Raataan Lambiyan (sung by Jubin Nautiyal & Asees Kaur)

🎶

𝟔

• • •

[23rd June, 2006]

• • •

CARLISLE GAVE HIS REFLECTION a once-over, hoping his Alice-approved wear would pass the - as she called it - first date vibe check.

What vibe Alice was going for, the doctor was unsure. Looking like a rich, arrogant man used to getting his way in an off-white shirt, fitted khaki trousers and his hair combed back certainly wasn't going to win him any favour from Jodha. He should've stuck to his original plan of a simple shirt and blue denims.

Come to think of it, this get-up made him feel like a hormonal twenty-something year old looking to get lucky at the bar rather than the thirty-five year old, responsible man he was supposed to be.

Responsible as he was, though, it didn't stop the flicker of awareness in the back of his mind reminding him that he was indeed a twenty-something year old with needs. Sexual desire didn't erase when immortality ceased his human bodily functions. In fact, at one point in time, that part of him that once laid dormant reared its sinful head.

Still, mate bond or not, he had no right to think of all the possibilities with Jodha. Inhuman and human couples were not the norm in his world. Such relationships always ended with the human getting killed or changing to be with their mate for eternity. They never stayed alive for long.

Even Edward and Bella were destined on that same path. Yet, he felt like he was missing out on something integral in his son's relationship as it was now. There was information to be found before treading on unsteady ground and the vampire-human couple might just be the key to unlocking that discovery.

Research of a different calibre laid on the horizon for him. Research no one cared to do over the centuries, not even him, until now.

Needed more than ever since human mates were an emerging trend - all the more amplified by their postponed transformations, holding onto their mortality for as long as possible. Or worse, the truth of their mate's reality hidden from them.